Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all get behind McCammon

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think the point of this thread is taht we get behinf Mark even though we know hes not the most gifted but will surely benefit from having us behind him rather than against him.

The problem I have is that Richie, Buck, Gerbil and Toad just keep spouting the same old argument, we all KNOW what you think, why post in a thread about getting behind the bloke despite his shortcomings using your old and regurgitated issues. Unless you dont want to get behind him?

What does it matter what Millwall fans think of him?? I have heard West Ham supporters think similar of Zamora, do you?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
The problem I have is that Richie, Buck, Gerbil and Toad just keep spouting the same old argument, we all KNOW what you think, why post in a thread about getting behind the bloke despite his shortcomings using your old and regurgitated issues. Unless you dont want to get behind him?

So you are saying that we cannot have an opinion, because you do not like it?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This was an interesting post on the Millwall board:

"Tries hard - but yeah he's dog sh1+e.
We do have another couple of classy forwards you might like tho.
Bob "The Power Header" Peeters
Kevin Braniff
Both very highly thought of but not getting a look in at the mo."

Maybe they would be better?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Of course you can have an opinion, but do we all really need to read it 100 times? And does your constantly repeating your opinion in this particular thread about getting behind the bloke mean you dont think we should?

Albion Dan said:
I think the point of this thread is taht we get behinf Mark even though we know hes not the most gifted but will surely benefit from having us behind him rather than against him.

Yes that is exactly the point of this thread. After all, we're all Albion supporters, and as such are there to support the team.

Yes we all have opinions, but while in the stripes on the pitch, cheer for him rather than abuse him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Of course you can have an opinion, but do we all really need to read it 100 times? And does your constantly repeating your opinion in this particular thread about getting behind the bloke mean you dont think we should?

But then people have constantly been saying, trust McGhee and he is not match fit yet, but you are not telling them to shut it.

It seems that all this arguments that he will get better once he is match fit do not add up, as he has played enough games, so should be fit, so the next step is too just tell people to button it. Kind of the norm on here these days though.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Kevin Braniff

Back to the great McCammon debate and who cares what Millwall fans think:

Asking a Millwall fan what McCammon is like is nothing like asked a West Ham fan what Zamora is like.

If anything it would be the same as a West Ham fan asking one of us what Zamora was like for us.

We could reassure them that the boy has talent and is obviously going through a rough time but that we have seen evidence of the great things he can do.

The only thing the Millwall fans have seen evidence of appears to be McCammon being very good at impersonating a pro footballer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
But then people have constantly been saying, trust McGhee and he is not match fit yet, but you are not telling them to shut it.

It seems that all this arguments that he will get better once he is match fit do not add up, as he has played enough games, so should be fit, so the next step is too just tell people to button it. Kind of the norm on here these days though.
Slightly melodramatic methinks. He's not saying "button it" - he's saying "please limit your number of responses as it's getting tiresome reading the same thing by the same posters"

Everyone knows you think he's shit.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Simster said:
Slightly melodramatic methinks. He's not saying "button it" - he's saying "please limit your number of responses as it's getting tiresome reading the same thing by the same posters"

Everyone knows you think he's shit.

Someone gets my point then! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Pear

Nov 16, 2004
unlucky guys.

Wall views

McGhee had a so-so track record with transfers at millwall

A couple of great buys, a few attrocious ones, and a whole slew of unmentionably awful loans and triallists.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
mona said:
Big centre forwards are always unpopular with a large number of Albion fans.

Not me ;)

Mike Small and Mark Gall gave me many happy times in the 90s

Just the rest of them since have been a bit pants (Pinamonte, Iwelumo, etc)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Richie Morris said:

Kevin Braniff

Back to the great McCammon debate and who cares what Millwall fans think:

Asking a Millwall fan what McCammon is like is nothing like asked a West Ham fan what Zamora is like.

If anything it would be the same as a West Ham fan asking one of us what Zamora was like for us.

We could reassure them that the boy has talent and is obviously going through a rough time but that we have seen evidence of the great things he can do.

The only thing the Millwall fans have seen evidence of appears to be McCammon being very good at impersonating a pro footballer.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Uncle Buck said:
So you are saying that we cannot have an opinion, because you do not like it?

Uncle Buck, EVERY time someone posts a different opinion to you on football matters you complain someone is out to censor you. They aren't. They're just saying they don't rate your opinion, whether it be on Oatway or MacCammon.

Are they allowed to say that without YOU questioning their right and throwing up some fake censorship nonsense?

Can we please just have one football discussion where you and Morris don't complain that people are out to get you?

Pear said:
unlucky guys.

Wall views

McGhee had a so-so track record with transfers at millwall

A couple of great buys, a few attrocious ones, and a whole slew of unmentionably awful loans and triallists.

We prefer him to Dennis Wise, thanks mate for your concern :drink: :drink: :drink:

Pear

Nov 16, 2004
London Irish said:
We prefer him to Dennis Wise, thanks mate for your concern :drink: :drink: :drink:

Wiseys a good enough manager. You can have Ray Wilkins though, free of charge.

Consider it a thank you for taking super market trolley off our wage bill

Pear said:
Wiseys a good enough manager.

Well, I'm delighted another season swilling about in mid-table, for a club of your resources, is good enough for you. Just shows what an excellent, patient bunch you Millwall fans must be :clap:

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
Well, I'm delighted another season swilling about in mid-table, for a club of your resources, is good enough for you. Just shows what an excellent, patient bunch you Millwall fans must be :clap:

I would not mind an FA Cup Final and a place in the play off position actually.

Oh, and the post earlier where someone said I said 'who cares what Millwall think' I was actually referring to the comment someone else made. i.e, lets get back to discussing the comment someone made earlier saying nobody cared what Millwall think.

Pear

Nov 16, 2004
London Irish said:

Day out in cardiff and a two legged euro tie were nice. Hovering outside the playoffs waiting to sign a left-back using Mccammons wages to finish the team...

Life's not too bad really. Not sure about our resources though, you have seen the size of our crowds haven't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here