Monster Trucks = TONKA toys which are driveable

thats all I can think of for now!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oohh missed that obvious one :shootself :D

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Baseball is great - Especially the World Series.

Am well looking forward to the Barcelona Blasters V Stockholm Streakers game.

:rolleyes:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Been based in the U.s since August, with ESPN being my only way of watching " sports " . I can honestly say that their sport is a load of complete BOLLOCKS!!!!!
They would get an ad break in during a throw in if they treated our beloved national game the way they do their shite.

Home next week thank f***, 1st game....Twatford Away....Bring it on!!!!

:clap: :clap:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Nascar.
Going round and round in circles like a kids round about, only faster and less interesting.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
John Boy said:
soccer...its FOOTBALL ffs

Why blame the yanks? The name 'soccer' is an English invention, most likely Oxford University. 'RUGger' for RUGby football, 'SOCcer' for asSOCiation football.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yes Vlad...we KNOW that...but we don't use the word SOCCER completely exclusively to describe the sport. And I bet those Victorians NEVER referred to a player as a "SOCCER PLAYER"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Disagree about baseball; I think it's a cracking game. I've had some bleary-eyed late nights staying up watching the World Series.

Have never understood the point of their football though - must be the most boring ball game on earth.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mr C said:
I'm marrying an American girl and I think I face an uphill struggle to convince her family (especially her dad) that American Football just isn't football.

That's simple enough, done this many times myself. You simply say that how can you call a game 'football' when only one player (okay, maybe two, the kicker and the punter) are allowed to use their feet to touch the ball ? As it is they only play at the very best, one down in four anyway.

The reason thay call it 'football' is because, like every Brit knows the game has it's roots in 'Rugby football'.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Marc said:
Ice Hockey = HOCKEY on blades with a mix of their RUGBY influence

... and is a Canadian sport. Don't ever confuse Canadians with U.S. citizens, as they won't thank you for it. It's a bit like accusing us of being French.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Lets all diss the Yanks so called sports

Curious Orange said:
... and is a Canadian sport. Don't ever confuse Canadians with U.S. citizens, as they won't thank you for it. It's a bit like accusing us of being French.

True enough, the vast majority of NHL players are from Canada even though most of the franchises are based in the US.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Marc said:

American Football = RUGBY with Pads & Helmets

No its not. Ive played both and its not rugby with pads and helmets. the only thing similar is that they both play with a "rugby" ball.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Lets all diss the Yanks so called sports

bhaexpress said:
True enough, the vast majority of NHL players are from Canada even though most of the franchises are based in the US.

It is also a sport that is prone to the odd bit of "crowd trouble", something you don't hear about with U.S. sports.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Lets all diss the Yanks so called sports

DAMANCLAY said:
No its not. Ive played both and its not rugby with pads and helmets. the only thing similar is that they both play with a "rugby" ball.

From what I've seen it has more in common with British Bulldog, but with the fun taken out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here