Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let the transfer window be thrown open

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Would anyone else want our cast offs?

What is the football equivalent of the charity shop or jumble sale?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
suspect you will find whoever we sign in summer we will have been speaking to for a few months anyway and less than five people know who they are

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Maybe we could sign a couple of freebies - Donuruma as back up goalie, Alba (can play left back), Wijnaldum for midfield (Bissouma replacement) some lad at Barcelona called Messi and Depay or Aguero upfront - so that’s cost us no transfer fees, I believe all 6 of them have said they have always wanted to live in Sussex and play for Brighton from age 6 so will do it for love not money
±

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh God! I hate this part.

Just let me know when it’s all over.

Oh, I quite enjoy it. Even though any Brighton-related rumour that gets talked about either in the MSM or social media is usually way off the mark, and the first we know about any actual signings are when the player is already going through due process at Lancing.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So buckle up all you Moldovan, Albanian and Greek second division centre forwards, we're coming for you.

Ha ! Except last summer we bought an ex England international striker who has played for Arsenal and Man Utd. The summer before - we bought Championship player of the year who'd scored 28 goals that season. And the previous summer - we bought a 24 year old striker who'd scored a total of 18 goals in La Liga in his previous 2 seasons.
And FWIW Zeqiri is off to the Euros this summer.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'd expect some free transfers or small undisclosed fees paid for the new goalkeeper and left back (if we make those signings) and then spend whatever small budget we have on the new striker, supplemented by the sales of any from Propper, Ryan, Locadia, Andone, Duffy, and AJ.

But to sell an in-contract player (like Shane/Locadia), those players and their agents have to agree to the terms of the buying club and the players mentioned will not get terms anywhere near as generous as they're currently getting at Brighton (especially post-Covid/ESL). That's the dilemma facing every club's fanbase who want to "Clear some deadwood".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha ! Except last summer we bought an ex England international striker who has played for Arsenal and Man Utd. The summer before - we bought Championship player of the year who'd scored 28 goals that season. And the previous summer - we bought a 24 year old striker who'd scored a total of 18 goals in La Liga in his previous 2 seasons.
And FWIW Zeqiri is off to the Euros this summer.

I can't have 2 fun sponges chasing me around this place.

What in my post made you believe, for one second, I was actually serious about scouting the Moldovan 2nd second division for strikers?

Esp coming from a poster who labels himself 'rarely serious, frequently taken seriously :lol:'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't have 2 fun sponges chasing me around this place.

What in my post made you believe, for one second, I was actually serious about scouting the Moldovan 2nd second division for strikers?

Esp coming from a poster who labels himself 'rarely serious, frequently taken seriously :lol:'

Indeed. Any fule no it's the Moldovan 3rd Division :rolleyes:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Now for three months of tantalising rumours, and a plethora of signings of young 'for the future' players who will immediately be loaned-out to lower League teams and 'released' in two years' time.

Then, on the eve of the new season, we'll be told that the Club is happy with the existing squad because it is confident that our strikers and mid-fielders will all contribute more goals next season, after training hard over the summer.

Deja vu time, my friends :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here