Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let the transfer window be thrown open

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
One things for sure, we won't be spunking millions this summer with the losses we made last year. Sadly any outgoing sales must go towards reducing our debts in the first instance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Now for three months of tantalising rumours, and a plethora of signings of young 'for the future' players who will immediately be loaned-out to lower League teams and 'released' in two years' time.

Then, on the eve of the new season, we'll be told that the Club is happy with the existing squad because it is confident that our strikers and mid-fielders will all contribute more goals next season, after training hard over the summer.

Deja vu time, my friends :)
Although the window stays open for the first 2.5 weeks of the season - or the Andone Shop Window as it is otherwise known as...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Required at the Albion:

1. LWB of Veltman’s standard.

2. DM of Bissouma’s standard and pace/mobility, assuming he moves on. All the other promote from within ideas, huge gambles. How many times did a brilliant Bissouma tackle save the day and points?

3. A striker who can actually tuck away chances and half chances.

It would be great if we could keep Bissouma and White but we have a better replacement in place for White unless Moises Caicedo is seen as a Bissouma replacement.
Moder looks great but he seems to be a more attacking than defensive midfielder.
It depends on money as always. Couldn't blame Tony for cashing in on one or more players to cover the losses.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now for three months of tantalising rumours, and a plethora of signings of young 'for the future' players who will immediately be loaned-out to lower League teams and 'released' in two years' time.

Then, on the eve of the new season, we'll be told that the Club is happy with the existing squad because it is confident that our strikers and mid-fielders will all contribute more goals next season, after training hard over the summer.

Deja vu time, my friends :)

Not to mention getting an email alert that says "Brighton sign Danish international striker" complete with a picture of a nubile blonde with a vajaja.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can't have 2 fun sponges chasing me around this place.

What in my post made you believe, for one second, I was actually serious about scouting the Moldovan 2nd second division for strikers?

Esp coming from a poster who labels himself 'rarely serious, frequently taken seriously :lol:'

Thrilled to be dubbed a fun sponge. Ha !

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Would anyone else want our cast offs?

What is the football equivalent of the charity shop or jumble sale?

Selling anyone below the very top level is going to be difficult, but the recent collapse of the french TV rights deal means that's the league where firesale bargains can be had.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It is a really strange window. We need one player. We know the type of player that is. And we need to try and get rid of about 10.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Bissouma to Liverpool for £40m. Propper to PSV £4m. Loans out for some of our fringe players including Connolly and Tau.
Incoming;
Yakou Meite - Reading £7m. Physical forward who has scored a goal every three games for Reading over the past 3 seasons. 25 years old. Adds to our options up front.

Callum Styles- Barnsley LWB. Energetic, young player. Highly rated £6m.

Spare cash to help balance the books.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here