Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You mean Gordan 'dozy f***ing gormless' Brown, Ed 'talks like daffy duck' miliband and Gordan side kick Ed 'f***ing plum in the mouth' balls who f***ed this country up. Yeah, righto.

Erm, No. I mean the useless cart horse that formerly played for us.

Edit. What on earth are you banging on about? :laugh:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To be fair cart horse is an apt description of the way McSmudger plays,he works his fcuking nuts off but lacks skill or any natural ability to play the game of football.When Orlandi scored against Newcastle he narrowly stopped McSmudger sending the ball out of the ground, watch the replays

No cart horse has ever worked their nuts off. They usually just loaf around and fall over their own size 13's.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
No cart horse has ever worked their nuts off. They usually just loaf around and fall over their own size 13's.

Because they do the grafting and donkey work. Now if this horse cart had two horses instead of one then just maybe it wouldn't have to pull the full load and maybe it could prosper and flourish by having two to pull.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Even if you agree with your comment, which I don't, last time I looked it is not the end of January so why are people moaning already? Missing out on a striker could be down to a number of things including money and not necessarily Poyet's fault. I am glad that we identify quality and go for it rather than just picking any old player to sign. Our summer signings have been really good generally and I am confident that Gus/the scouting team will find the right players now.

And I DELIBERATELY said by close of window, so your point is? Just what do you disagree with BTW?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Could we afford him would be the question.

We could afford CMS, so why not Muzza? I just don't buy the 'we couldn't afford Muzza' line recently peddled by Gus... only the naive would TBH...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes if we sell McSmudger to Norwich but i doubt if any club would still sign him up he is a white elephant and we seem to be stuck with him, should have sold McSmudger to reading when we had the chance not doing that was a massive fcuk up by Gus,it was obvious to all by then that McSmudger did not fit into the team but the dictator refused to admit his mistake,the question is whether Gus and his crew are aware of Ramos currently playing for Hertha Berlin.Three million is peanuts for a striker like Ramos, 6 foot 1 and 26 years old

CMS has 11 goals, give him a break FFS...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We could afford CMS, so why not Muzza? I just don't buy the 'we couldn't afford Muzza' line recently peddled by Gus... only the naive would TBH...

Could that be because Gus had decided he wanted CMS and Hoskins as his first choice strikers so couldnt afford Murray as their cover

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And I DELIBERATELY said by close of window, so your point is? Just what do you disagree with BTW?

Which is why I didn't say you were. However, a few people are moaning that we haven't signed a striker yet.

In terms of what I disagree with, it is the suggestion that we should automatically blame Poyet is we don't sign a striker by the end of the transfer window. We are quite rightly looking for an automatic first choice striker and if we don't get one, due to money or other factors, it doesn't mean it is Gus' fault.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Please tell me which players, at what wages, with what signing on fee, you would've signed in the intervening 18 months.

If the right striker is not there at the prices we can afford, it is impossible to buy them.

Gus has been SUPERB over the last 2 seasons at bringing in a great keeper, superb defenders and a lot of midfielders with excellent technique for this level. Do you really think he hasn't been busting a bit trying to get the right striker in? Really?!

I think his striker purchases, loans, and sales speak for themselves... he has pretty much fcuked-up with the strikers, which is why we don't score enough, despite creating numerous chances... if you can't see / admit that, then I pity you... do you actually watch us play?

He should NEVER have let Muzza go without a good replacement... major fcuk-up and a RELATIVELY good deal... and yes, I did say so at the time...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought his job was to manage the team and look to get us into the premiership. It takes time to build a squad good enough to challenge for that, it's not good to have knee jerk reactions. Some of his summer signings have started to look like they have a bit of quality, Orlandi and Lopaz. I think we are a team that will come good in the second half of the season. We look a lot better team then last year.

A better team with a lack of goals in it... yes, I MAINLY agree with you... but Gus, has left this gap in his squad for FAR, FAR, FAR too long...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with you but it is frustrating to know that signing 2 strikers in the summer would have us in the top 2 at the moment

Signing one of the appropriate type would have...

Feb 14, 2010
I think his striker purchases, loans, and sales speak for themselves... he has pretty much fcuked-up with the strikers, which is why we don't score enough, despite creating numerous chances... if you can't see / admit that, then I pity you... do you actually watch us play?

He should NEVER have let Muzza go without a good replacement... major fcuk-up and a RELATIVELY good deal... and yes, I did say so at the time...

Agreed and I said so at the time about Murray as well. I'm a big Poyet fan as a manager, and give him 70%. But strikers are the question mark over his management and so the striker buy is a big buy for Poyet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
B.W.;5423928 He should NEVER have let Muzza go without a good replacement... major fcuk-up and a RELATIVELY good deal... and yes said:
He did have in both CMS and Hoskins who had proved to be good goal scorers.in the same division as GM. Could you or anybody else have predicted that GM would have a season like he has, simple answer no nobody expected it even those who may say that they did, there was no evidence to suggest that he would..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Could that be because Gus had decided he wanted CMS and Hoskins as his first choice strikers so couldnt afford Murray as their cover

Could be, but then that says a lot about Gus' striker judgement... or lack of!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Which is why I didn't say you were. However, a few people are moaning that we haven't signed a striker yet.

In terms of what I disagree with, it is the suggestion that we should automatically blame Poyet is we don't sign a striker by the end of the transfer window. We are quite rightly looking for an automatic first choice striker and if we don't get one, due to money or other factors, it doesn't mean it is Gus' fault.

But, Gus gets a budget, he HAS bought in strikers (wrong type) and other players in other positions, but the one key spot he has to fill? No, he has FAILED to fill that position for 18 months... he is the manager, so it will be his failure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did have in both CMS and Hoskins who had proved to be good goal scorers.in the same division as GM. Could you or anybody else have predicted that GM would have a season like he has, simple answer no nobody expected it even those who may say that they did, there was no evidence to suggest that he would..

Just to refresh those who knew better at the time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

And has Hoskins proved himself YET? 1 goal!

And I did expect Muzza to do well in the Championship, hence my championing his re-signing at the time.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

I think you might find that for a while there've been no great goalscorers up for grabs in any a league. It's not like we're missing out on a set of young machines who've exploded onto the scene and been snatched from our hands. That hasn't happened anywhere for a while. It's a world lull for them. I haven't seen many a decent one in our division who has taken us apart other than Wood really in that one game, and yes, Leicester maybe outbid us and a few others, but i think most clubs are scraping the barrel at present, and still having to pay silly-money.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And has Hoskins proved himself YET? 1 goal!

And I did expect Muzza to do well in the Championship, hence my championing his re-signing at the time.

Out of interest, as I have no idea if you did or didn't, were you saying the same thing last year when Murray scored 6 goals all season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here