Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leonardo Ulloa

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Ulloa's future still in the melting pot From The Argus)

Still does not have a spanish passport. I was going to post that I am begining to get frustrated with our "sagas" when it comes to transfers. However the fact is this kinda thing has gone on in the past in various forms for years. The actual reason it feels worse is we have the internet now and all kinds of info and miss info is available. I shall be checking the main site only I think from now on.

p.s- I still have a feeling (totally unqualified) that he will sign for us.
its getting boring now

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
its getting boring now

With all due respect, brightonmark1234, how quickly do you expect these negotiations to take? He needs a passport, there is the transfer fee to think of, another team seems to want in and maybe the player himself isn't sold on the move. Then there is, of course, the agent who is trying to make as much money out the deal for himself as he can.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
With all due respect, brightonmark1234, how quickly do you expect these negotiations to take? He needs a passport, there is the transfer fee to think of, another team seems to want in and maybe the player himself isn't sold on the move. Then there is, of course, the agent who is trying to make as much money out the deal for himself as he can.
okay mate

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm still optimistic. If he is as good as we hope he is then surely it would be no surprise that other clubs are looking at him too.

At the end of the day it will be the fee and the players choice that decides. I'm sure that a fee has been agreed with Almeria (although that may depend on whether Grenada have upped ours ) and the player is obviously ok with playing in England (otherwise why the passport saga).

I think we have to sit tight.

Plan B might be Bechio.........looking at the BBC site yesterday and that Leeds assit manager fears that Bechio might leave this window.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Who made the news public first? As opposed to I know something you don't?

03/01/13 22:29
I was going to tweet the same about 4 hours ago when I was told the news earlier but it would look all hb&b.

It has been written by someone else on NSC this evening. You just have to find it.
It was all ready written prior to 10.30.

3 minutes later:
Is it this one????
Buckley will sign new contract, not going anywhere!

At 22:58
buckers signes extention :clap2:
(this may have just been a "my hopes are" post)

At 23:44:
[tweet]286981470906638336[/tweet]

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The slightly strange nature of this transfer is how public it all is. I can't ever remember Gus speaking so frankly about another player who is under contract elsewhere.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Way make something innocuous look EXTREMELY menacing...

ULLOA.jpg

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Don't trust papers, remember how loads of papers said he's coming here? Yeah, calm down, papers aren't always right as seen in the past.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bozza didn't break the news though, and the others were guessing.

I didn't say he did, he mentioned at 10.30, that someone else on nsc had already written it. So someone had broken the news, and someone who had seen that news was asking if that was what was being referred to, backing up Bozza's comment that it had already been posted.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I didn't say he did, he mentioned at 10.30, that someone else on nsc had already written it. So someone had broken the news.
Someone's mentioned Ulloa has signed. Doesn't make it any more fact. People on NSC have said Owen has been spotted in Brighton, not exactly fact is it. At least BFB broke the news in a matter of fact manner not a crazy stab in the dark maybe it's true manner.

BFB does still post a lot of shit, but the Buckley transfer he was the first person to break it to the masses (remember NSC isn't the masses).

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BFB does still post a lot of shit, but the Buckley transfer he was the first person to break it to the masses (remember NSC isn't the masses).

Or, you could say, that he saw the hints on NSC and guessed correctly (as did I that evening), that Buckley has signed a new deal and then posted it on Twitter as fact.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well Bennett's Field Bunny on Twitter has said: Ullua will sign this week. Possibly by Wednesday but certainly in time to be in squad on Saturday. The final cog in the promotion machine.

But he has been a bit hit and miss with his predictions.

Ullua? Is he another target?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Someone's mentioned Ulloa has signed. Doesn't make it any more fact. People on NSC have said Owen has been spotted in Brighton, not exactly fact is it. At least BFB broke the news in a matter of fact manner not a crazy stab in the dark maybe it's true manner.

BFB followers: 599
NSC Members 16,490, Active Members 6,398 (currently 1166 users online. 366 members and 800 guests - more than twice as many guests as members)
NSC Twitter 10,820 followers

If NSC isn't the masses I fail to see how BFB is.

Why when someone posts on here is it a stab in the dark? It's been established that the news was out there (Bozza had known since about 6.30, Andy Naylor knew, HB&B probably knew), so why assume that the person who posted Buckley had signed a contract, on the day he signed a contract and the news was leaking out, was just guessing and didn't actually know like others did?

You highlight Owen and Ulloa to make it seem like anything posted on here is shit, then freely admit that BFB posts lots of shit. Why can he have truth mixed in with his guesses, but NSC can't? That's double standards.

Last edited:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Bozza didn't break the news though, and the others were guessing.

It could easily be said bfb was doing the same. I'm not convinced he hasn't just got lucky with the one or two he got right, like that spoof liverpool journo that got threatened by their dof and it was all over the papers. I'll wait until feb 1st to make a judgement whether he really is itk, but for now I smell a standard twitter billy bull shitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here