Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon will have the last laugh

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
caz99 said:
except a) he hasnt been sulkly for the whole 18 months and b) you need to be played to score goals.

why do people automatically assume now hes gone all is rosy and we are going to start winning games. i cant believe anyone doesnt think mcghee has got a slight hint of attitude too.

It's not a case of thinking everything is rosy. We are just happy to have got rid of a divisive twat who wasn't contributing much.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
caz99 said:
except a) he hasnt been sulkly for the whole 18 months and b) you need to be played to score goals.

why do people automatically assume now hes gone all is rosy and we are going to start winning games. i cant believe anyone doesnt think mcghee has got a slight hint of attitude too.
He's had plenty of appearances to rack up the goals, and has nearly always been 1st choice striker - its only fairly recently that he's been dropped because of his stinking attitude.

I'm not assuming all is rosy now that Leons gone. We've not been losing games BECAUSE of Leon, but he's hardly done much to help us win them, has he. McGhee could've handled it better - he went too public after that first big bust-up over the Wolves thing. But we don't know all the ins and outs either. Leons said himself that he's very vocal and will voice his opinion. Well thats ok to an extent, but if you've got a player constantly questioning a managers judgement and selections, its going to come to a head isn't it. Leon was simply not capable of shutting his trap and getting on with his job.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dwayne said:
Morris, Leon Knight is a midget little cvnt and he's gonna fail, and I cannot wait to BOO him when/if he comes up against us again.

Have to be in the same league for that to happen

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Have to be in the same league for that to happen

Well Swansea must be favourites for promotions surely, so there's an excellent chance we'll be in the same division :lol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Richie Morris said:
Because Swansea wont just lump the ball in the air to him?

saw them earlier this seaon on sky .... and yes, they lumped the ball up to trundle

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I was going to say, what makes everybody think that Swansea are a footballing side?

They clogged their way out of League Two, and again, just happen to have a decent striker who got a bag load of goals.

Now they've added Leon, but that doesn't suddenly mean they are going to play football...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Richie Morris said:
This time next season he will be playing in a nice ground in a team playing good football and in the CHAMPIONSHIP with fans who appreciate him and a manager who knows how to handle different players.

yeah, and he will be found out again...

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
He was allegedly an arrogant little twerp who lacked professionalism, we are better off without him

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
He'll put the effort in initially but wait til the honeymoon period inevitably cools off. If he didn't fancy moving to Brighton, then he sure as hell won't be moving closer to a dump like Swansea. He'll start turning up just as later (or later) for training. Twinned with the fact that team and personal issues cause his gob to run off on its own it won't be long before we're reading about him again.

Flash little git who's never gotten the chip off his shoulder after burning his bridges at Chelsea.

We're just the latest club that's had dealings with him to end up saying 'if only'.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Richie Morris said:
This time next season he will be playing in a nice ground in a team playing good football and in the CHAMPIONSHIP with fans who appreciate him and a manager who knows how to handle different players.

We, I fear, will be playing in League 1 in a half full Withdean with Mark McCammon up front.

He's laughing right now. At you.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
History suggests that next season he will start to lose interest there - he'll be good until then

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
caz99 said:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Yeah, but McGhee is the MANAGER. Manager's should have an attitude. He's just doing exactly what Mourinho would do if some player spoke out against him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here