Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon will have the last laugh

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This time next season he will be playing in a nice ground in a team playing good football and in the CHAMPIONSHIP with fans who appreciate him and a manager who knows how to handle different players.

We, I fear, will be playing in League 1 in a half full Withdean with Mark McCammon up front.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Richie Morris said:
This time next season he will be playing in a nice ground in a team playing good football and in the CHAMPIONSHIP with fans who appreciate him and a manager who knows how to handle different players.

We, I fear, will be playing in League 1 in a half full Withdean with Mark McCammon up front.

The fans won't appreciate him if he has the same attitude as he did when he was with us....also they may well get fustrated if he fails to score many.....

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought you were a journo not a soothsayer Richie? have you changed professions :)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Where he again wont score enough to earn a place in the squad, fall out with the manager and be sold to another league one club.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Morris, Leon Knight is a midget little cvnt and he's gonna fail, and I cannot wait to BOO him when/if he comes up against us again.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Richie Morris said:

arent you just a bloody ray of sunshine!

SAKE!

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Richie Morris said:

When will that rainy cloud ever lift of your very depressive head???

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Woody the Seagull said:
with him, lee trundle and adebayo akinfenwa, it would be ridiculous for swansea not to go up. however, they will probably lose trundle in the summer or even earlier, and they will struggle in the championship without him

I don't think trundle will leave swansea next season or this, he has only just launched his name as a brand in partnership with swansea, which makes me think as long as they go up he will be happy at the level of football he is playing at, and finacially content.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Black Country Seagull said:
I don't think trundle will leave swansea next season or this, he has only just launched his name as a brand in partnership with swansea, which makes me think as long as they go up he will be happy at the level of football he is playing at, and finacially content.

well rumour has it that everton are coming in for him and being a scouser, he has already said he would have to leave if they wanted him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do the McGhee-haters think Leon will suddenly turn into a Championship goal machine ? The guy can't cut it at this level, end of. If Swansea go up and rely on him for the goals, they'll end up with the same sulky little twat we've had to put up with for the last 18 months.

They're welcome to him.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Easy 10 said:
Why do the McGhee-haters think Leon will suddenly turn into a Championship goal machine ? The guy can't cut it at this level, end of. If Swansea go up and rely on him for the goals, they'll end up with the same sulky little twat we've had to put up with for the last 18 months.

They're welcome to him.

Too right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Richie Morris said:
Because Swansea wont just lump the ball in the air to him?
Thats not always been the case though, has it. Sure when we're under the cosh or have run out of ideas, we've all seen the aimless lumps upfield to no-one in particular (and if Swansea get promoted to this level, they'll find themselves doing similar).

The fact of the matter is, most of the defenders in the Championship are MUCH quicker and smarter than the journeyman hoofers you get in the lower leagues, the defences are more organised, and Leon is simply not capable of raising his game sufficiently to cope with that. The stats tell their own story.

If Swansea go up and Leon isn't taking the pens, he won't get anyhere near double figures for them in the league.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Easy 10 said:

They're welcome to him.

except a) he hasnt been sulkly for the whole 18 months and b) you need to be played to score goals.

why do people automatically assume now hes gone all is rosy and we are going to start winning games. i cant believe anyone doesnt think mcghee has got a slight hint of attitude too.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think if you watch the runs Leon makes during games and the movement he shows off the ball then it is not just the long balls that hold him back, but the inability of our players to make the telling final ball.

No striker at this level is going to score every chance they get and unfortunately for us and Leon he only ever gets one half chance or so a game.

Playing in a better, more creative team, he would thrive on balls threaded through. I can only think of one recent occasion this happened, away to Sheffield United last season when Reid knocked it through for Leon to get the winner.

I can only imagine how frustrating is must be to constantly make this runs only for your team to not be capable of playing you in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here