Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon v Jake

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
more effort from Jake, Leon is the better player when he makes the effort. Jake's go t a few years to improve though.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Albion Dan said:
Thought Jake was useless last night.

so would you be if you were 5 4" and we kept hoisting balls over your head or not being penetrative from the midfield with the ball at your feet, or the team you were playing against played the offside trap so well (or paid the lino so well????) that you were offside every time a good through ball was played...

he is no world beater but given the correct service would be useful.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Leon would be excellent in a role just behind the strikers as too often he is in the crossing position, but no-one is in his role to get on the end of the cross, leaving Jake hopelessly outnumbered, not sure how that would upset the balance of the team though as I guess it would counteract people like Carole and Jarrett's influence on the wings

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Leon is clearly a better player than Jake, however as someone has said we hardly gave him much quality service last night so i wont hold it against him.

1066gull

I would like to see CKR and Jake start together. It would give a clear indication who has learnt more these past few months, but I think we should be grateful having several good forwards to choose from.

Its better than having to few.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
1066Seagull said:
I would like to see CKR and Jake start together. It would give a clear indication who has learnt more these past few months, but I think we should be grateful having several good forwards to choose from.

Its better than having to few.

We need Leon as he is more capable of running our team than Jakey and CKR, as they are both inexperienced. Whenever Jakey has come on as a sub he has looked very good, that is why he has been given a run in the team. I think it is time for CKR to have a run and use Jakey as a supersub.

Now is not the time to experiment as to who has learnt more over the past few months

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Trigger said:
I'm sorry, i just don't get why there are some people that think Jake is better than Leon?...

???
Because they're mental. :)

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Yoda said:
I thought Leon should've been the one to go off last night. Jake was the only player running at defenders.
WRONG, leon was more attacking, ran back and made some important tackles and when he's on the ball with his skill, theres always a feeling something may be created. Jakes good, but no way good enough to replace leon.

Yoda

English & European
Which is why it was Jake running around all the time after lost causes?

Leon looked as if he was trying too hard to do too much, as if he still had a point ot prove to the Wendy fans.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Anything good came from Leon - but yet some people are still not happy - Robinson has been gash for a while but still gets picked

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Robinson played well at Palace, hence why he played last night.
No reason to change the team.

I suspect CKR will start ahead of him on Saturday now.

Trigger said:
I'm sorry, i just don't get why there are some people that think Jake is better than Leon?...

???

I don't think people think that, it's just Jake has a very important quality to his game, constant movement and duracell bunny workrate, that both leon and CKR lack. Jake is much quicker over 10 yards, and that can be important in embarrassing defenders.

But there is no doubt that Jake has a lot of weaknesses in his game too, and he showed a few last night.

That's what makes picking our front two so difficult for McGhee at the moment.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
1066Seagull said:
I would like to see CKR and Jake start together.

What on earth did you see last night to suggest that Robinson merits a place in the team full-stop, let alone ahead of Knight? Some people seem to be watching different games to me ...

All I saw was Robinson miscontrolling it, endlessly turning into defenders when he should have held it, wasting Leon's through ball. That, and Leon worked back just as hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here