Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to learn fate at board meeting?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
RToad

I think that you are banging your head against a proverbial; brick wall it is too easy for the ani- knight brigade to disregard the gaols he has scored and the fact that we do not play a style that will enable him to get into goal scoring posiition so I should give up. There are none so blind as those that want to be.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BensGrandad said:
RToad

I think that you are banging your head against a proverbial; brick wall it is too easy for the ani- knight brigade to disregard the gaols he has scored and the fact that we do not play a style that will enable him to get into goal scoring posiition so I should give up. There are none so blind as those that want to be.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Wanderer said:
If the board vote to keep Leon, which I expect them to, it will undermine McGhee. Leon isn't perfect, but where are we going to get a goalscorer from to replace him?

Either way, we lose IMHO

I wouldn't mind IF he scored goals at this level........................... but he doesn't (the miss v Millwall being a prime example)

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
The Auditor said:
What does our Director of Football Martin Hinshelwood do?

You are displaying your ignorance when you dare to pose such a question. You happen to be talking about probably the most hard working member of the backroom staff.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
nobody's dupe said:
You are displaying your ignorance when you dare to pose such a question. You happen to be talking about probably the most hard working member of the backroom staff.

He only asked what he does.

If you're kidding then :clap: you got me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
nobody's dupe said:

I would think that it was said because it is not always obvious what he actually does plus every club that wants to get rid of their manager but cant afford to pay them off make them 'Director of Football' so the title stinks a little.

I would be more interested in seeing the results of what the coaches are doing or being paid to do.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Bwian said:
McGhee's not doing himself any favours over this shite but then if I were him I'd have punched Leon's lights out months ago so maybe he is handling it OK.

From what I have heard from inside the club, a couple of senior pro's have already tried to do this in the last three weeks.

And don't anyone ask the source, for obvious reasons I won't say.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Leon to learn fate at board meeting?

London Irish said:
I wonder what Chaigneau thinks of his team-mate Leon Knight

I wonder what Kuipers thinks of Dean White?

Or even Flo of Mcghee? Two faced maybe?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
nobody's dupe said:
I've never been more serious in my life. I haven't got the time to write down all that Hinsh does in a typical day.

I cant believe people having a go at Hinsh who has raised about 2 million for the club through youth players.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Lets hope that DK realises that LK is a good player and we can't afford to lose yet another good player at this time of year with a small squad as is.
Gets mcghee and knight together and tries to sort the differences and maybe we can get back to having something like our best team out instead of McGhee trying to make a point but costing us points

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyHitler said:
I cant believe people having a go at Hinsh who has raised about 2 million for the club through youth players.

Because the mood that everyone is in today everyone at the club is fair game for questioning and criticism.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
fosters headband said:
From what I have heard from inside the club, a couple of senior pro's have already tried to do this in the last three weeks.

And don't anyone ask the source, for obvious reasons I won't say.

You are virtually saying that LK has caused problems in the dressing room and on another thread Race says the opposite she was very quick to say that MM still had control of the dressing room. Which flies in the face of what you are saying.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
BensGrandad said:
You are virtually saying that LK has caused problems in the dressing room and on another thread Race says the opposite she was very quick to say that MM still had control of the dressing room. Which flies in the face of what you are saying.

Yes she did say that and I think he has, because what I am saying is that Leons team mates are sick of him. So it is only Leon who is being the rebel within the club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:

The way I read it is that the players back McGhee and one or two want to punch Leon. That isn't contradictory.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As a newbie I was prepared to give many on here the benefit of fresh eyes and not prejudge. But some of you are soooooooo sour.

Bottom line is that Knight has:

- scored 13 league goals at this level for 3 different clubs in over 80 appearances

- been criticised for attitude by two of those managers

- had 3 agents in a 6 year professional career (very strange that one)

- got his retaliation in first by giving his side of the story but still made himself look a bit of a hothead

In my opinion, he isn't a proven goalscorer at this level - though he is at league one. There he played for Macari who rated him and Coppell who also did. Also, Holloway at QPR did try and get him back as well when they were at that level.

I am afraid that many on here are using Knight as a stick with which to beat the manager. It isn't so much that Knight can do no wrong - more like McGhee can do no right

E

enigma

BensGrandad said:
RToad

Bollocks. We have played some excellent football this year with the addition of the two french lads, and the system is far more suited to his style. Yet he has hardly set the world alight.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Les Biehn said:
This seems to bizarrely assume that Knight is a goalscorer rather than a poisoned dwarf?!? How odd, I havn't seen him score many goals in the last two seasons.

:clap2: :clap2: The manager is always right. Until he's sacked....and then often he's still right as the next bloke can't motivate the lazy f*****s!!

Knight, McGammon and that Renne's reject can all bugger off if they can't follow orders. Rule's is Rules, and where would be with without Rules?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here