Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
The end product is not there this season cause he is not played in a position to produce goals, but how many assists has he got?

Four? Five? Maybe more. I would imagine he's either got our most assists or he's just behind Chippy.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
I can't believe there are people on here who would rather have McCammon playing than Knight :eek:

What team have you lot been watching? The reason Knight has struggled is because of the way we play. We have become a lot more direct since McGee has been in charge and it can't be a coincidence that most of his goals came last season when Coppell was still there.

If you look at the spurs message boards after our game, they raved about him and wanted to sign him. He has also turned in some decent performances out wide. If McGee wants to play two big fellas up front then thats his choice but it doesn't make Leon crap...

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
has worked very hard in the games since christmas and has really worked on his game...when he has played on the left no one can say that his crosses have not been dangerous and if we are going to play big men up front they need quality service...i think Jake is good to bring on for McCammon after about 60 minutes, you never know the big man may head a cross down soon !!!!

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Loen Knight is a very good player...no doubt about it. BUT.....attitude or what..??? How can the other 10 players go out on the pitch week in week out, never knowing what sort of mood Knight is in.....! He has scored a few goals this year (is it 4...? ) and he,s missed two penalties.Facts speak for themselves.Has yet to have an impact at this level with any club, and with his attitude, I don,t think he ever will.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the abuse that Leon is getting on here is unbelievable, the guy is quality. He is being played out of postion or when played in his postion the ball is just played long and he is expected to out jump a 6ft beast (i.e. QPR game).
Before McGhee he could do no wrong and was banging them in but McGhee came changed the way we play and that was that.
A team that complements his game would not be a bad team but that does not seem to be how MM would like us to play a shame really, the lack of creativity has hurt us bad.
If he was to go Reading or wherever i'm sure that he would get 15+ next season but I'm hoping that he does stay here because he is the one bit of true attacking flare that we do have and that ain't cheap to find.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I really don't understand this whole "attitude" thing. When has he ever showed this supposed problem to the detriment of the club this year?

And as for not making an impact, it's not as if we've had any striker who's got 20+ goals this year ... all our players have contributed substantially, and if you took away Knight's efforts, or Virgo's, or anyone else's, we'd be firmly in the shit, probably down by now. People expect far too much.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Rookie said:
I'm hoping that he does stay here because he is the one bit of true attacking flare that we do have and that ain't cheap to find.

Indeed. People seemed to expect him to get 27 goals again this year, and as he hasn't, fancy replacing him. We were lucky to find Knight as a replacement for Zamora - plenty of clubs go years without seeing a 20-goal a season man, and there's no guarantee we'll come across another.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Stinky Kat said:
I think he will go and to be honest his attitude is wrong. When he 1st came he chased down and looked hungry, this season he has been somewhat petulant and lacked confidence. His body language says i am above this on numerous occasions.

Now this may be due to the service he receives but its a team game and when in the mire like we are we need to all buckle down and frankly he does not.

A change of attitude and I welcome him, carry on throwing the toys out of the pram and getting needless suspensions then hello jake bye bye Leon

Totally agree. Leon only plays for Leon and it is obvious he doesn't want to play for a struggling club. He is not a team player and has left Harding exposed too many times to mention. He's a lazy f*** who would be better off in a team of overrated pre madonnas. If only he was as good as he thinks he is then we wouldn't be in the struggle we are.

The sooner he goes the better unless he wants to start changing his attitude.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we do end up going down who's going to score the goals next season? Jake still has to prove himself. I'd feel MUCH more confident iof our prospects if we hold onto Leon. We've gotta do all we can to get him to stay. To usher away such a talented player would be madness. Leon Knight Knight Knight :clap: :clap:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
Totally agree. Leon only plays for Leon and it is obvious he doesn't want to play for a struggling club. He is not a team player and has left Harding exposed too many times to mention. He's a lazy f*** who would be better off in a team of overrated pre madonnas. If only he was as good as he thinks he is then we wouldn't be in the struggle we are.

I don't mean to be rude but I wonder if people are watching the same player as me! It could certainly be levelled at him last season. I recall suggesting he was partly to blame for one fo QPRs goals at Loftus Road last season as he should have chased back and they ended up doubling up on Watson. This season though he's worked so much harder. Especially on the wing, he's always chasing back to cover. Granted he's not the best player into the tackle but he's always been a striker. When he doesn't track back I'd suggest its because McGhee's been telling him to push on to create a third striker when needed. All this attitude crap is nonsense.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Saint Lennard said:

Bless you, so he goes out with the idea to not score goals and so the team will be up the shitter.
He tries but when you are played out of a postion that you have grown up playing in it would be quite difficult. He is not a natural defender is he, Robert at newcastle natural left winger does not track back but the fans love him because he can change a game. Maybe we should take a leaf out of there book.
Next season when, god forbids, he goes and we are stuck hoffing the ball up, while he is getting goals for his new team you will be sorry

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Rookie said:
Bless you, so he goes out with the idea to not score goals and so the team will be up the shitter.
He tries but when you are played out of a postion that you have grown up playing in it would be quite difficult. He is not a natural defender is he, Robert at newcastle natural left winger does not track back but the fans love him because he can change a game. Maybe we should take a leaf out of there book.
Next season when, god forbids, he goes and we are stuck hoffing the ball up, while he is getting goals for his new team you will be sorry

i won't be sorry. When has Leon changed a game? Get real, he is only just adequate at this level and thinks he is better than he is. If he stayed on his feet it might help.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
i won't be sorry. When has Leon changed a game? Get real, he is only just adequate at this level and thinks he is better than he is. If he stayed on his feet it might help.

Ipswich, Millwall away just two of the top of my head

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Leon is probably the most skilful player at the club.

I think Coppell called him a box of tricks.

Playing him out of position is not helping so he will make mistakes. But I'd still have him in my first 11 provided he is fit and not suspended.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I'd put my house on him going at the end of the season.

His recent body language and stalling over contract suggests he'd rather not be at this club anymore.

cant blame him the abuse he gets at home games by home fans is a joke

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
KinkyGoebels said:
Ipswich, Millwall away just two of the top of my head

Ah so he changes them enough to enable the opposition to win........that's handy. Thank god he did change the game otherwise we might have won!!!!!!!!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
Ah so he changes them enough to enable the opposition to win........that's handy. Thank god he did change the game otherwise we might have won!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to think of a game Mccammon has made much of a difference - o yes sunderland thats about it

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
KinkyGoebels said:
Trying to think of a game Mccammon has made much of a difference - o yes sunderland thats about it

Sunderland at home springs to mind

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Kinky, By bringing trolley into this thread you are just confirming what i have said.

In defence of Leon he has never been the same since Coppell jumped ship. He was the one that made Leon tick. Like most of us Leon likes to work for a manager he is motivated by. Unfortunately instead of changing job he has taken the cash without performing, this won't have done his career any good though. Still who wouldn't unless they had some self esteem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here