Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Didn,t realise the thread was about who is better...Knight or McCammon..........Would I miss Leon next season..?? yes....about 4 goals worth........not a lot really is it.......I,ll cope.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
KinkyGoebels said:
Trying to think of a game Mccammon has made much of a difference - o yes sunderland thats about it

So your point is that when Trolley changes the game we get a victory. Interesting.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
So your point is that when Trolley changes the game we get a victory. Interesting.

when leon scores he changes a game

Gillingham w
sheff utd w seem to recall he set chippys goal up as well?
cardiff d

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
Totally agree. Leon only plays for Leon and it is obvious he doesn't want to play for a struggling club. He is not a team player and has left Harding exposed too many times to mention. He's a lazy f*** who would be better off in a team of overrated pre madonnas. If only he was as good as he thinks he is then we wouldn't be in the struggle we are.

The sooner he goes the better unless he wants to start changing his attitude.

When you play a striker, left midfield you can't be too suprised when he doesn't track back like a left back can you?

Same as when you play Charlie in midfield you can't be suprised if he doesn't burst past the forwards like Frank Lampard. Goalscorers are thew hardest player to find, which is why they command the highest fees and the best wages. To throw one away for nothing is just plain stupid...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
cdavis said:
Didn,t realise the thread was about who is better...Knight or McCammon..........Would I miss Leon next season..?? yes....about 4 goals worth........not a lot really is it.......I,ll cope.

4 goals

take away the 7 points they have got

so i think you would miss him

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
plus the cross for millwall goal

theres another 2 so thats 9 points off the top of my head

that would mean the team would all ready be down

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Infernal Optimist said:
When you play a striker, left midfield you can't be too suprised when he doesn't track back like a left back can you?

Same as when you play Charlie in midfield you can't be suprised if he doesn't burst past the forwards like Frank Lampard. Goalscorers are thew hardest player to find, which is why they command the highest fees and the best wages. To throw one away for nothing is just plain stupid...

So are you saying Leon hasn't the intelligence to realise that midfielders have to support the front and the defence. That's a shame. Funny how us watching know thats the jiob of a midfieleder but someone who is an overpaid professional doesn't. Wouldn't get away with it in my job. Would you? Oh and you forgot to mention his abilty to dive and his adept penalty taking.:p

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
So are you saying Leon hasn't the intelligence to realise that midfielders have to support the front and the defence. That's a shame. Funny how us watching know thats the jiob of a midfieleder but someone who is an overpaid professional doesn't. Wouldn't get away with it in my job. Would you? Oh and you forgot to mention his abilty to dive and his adept penalty taking.:p

How did you win the play off final again?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Not to mention countless other games last season :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
KinkyGoebels said:

So we should play him just in case we get a penalty. Taking our current streak of luck into account it's fortunate that he is banned!

Maybe he should just be a sub and if we get one awarded bring him on.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
To me Leon is a confidence player - and getting abuse from his own fans when playing is not going to help.
He has had some very poor games this seson and has been rightly dropped as a result. When he has subsequently got back into the team he has improved. It is a shame he his being played out of position but I can see why. Since Currie left he is clearly the best crosser of the ball at the club.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why are we arguing about tracking back? I think Knight's work rate and tracking back is exceptional personally.
He does, however, need to be back up front and nearer the goal where he can pose a significant threat as our best attacking force.

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Last season is "last season"....I,m mainly concerned about this season...in fact ...right now...!! Don,t misunderstand me....I do think he,s a good player (when he feels like it )......but he really could do much better with a better attitude..

cdavis

May 14, 2004
I don,t have any stats, ...but it would be interesting to see how many goals Leon has scored this season when he,s been a forward compared to Mccammon.......

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Saint Lennard said:

Yeah that exactly what I'm saying, yawn, when he plays left wing he takes people on and tries to get PAST the full back. If this breaks down he finds himself out of position and has to chase back asap. When you are a converted full back you tend to drop deep as you are used to the game being played in front of you. The upside is you are in position, the downside is you create nothing!!!!

It not lazy it's attacking...the FA seem to quite like it, they give you 3 points if you get it right.... or we could put all 11 in the six yard box and hope for a point?:salute:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Infernal Optimist said:
Yeah that exactly what I'm saying, yawn, when he plays left wing he takes people on and tries to get PAST the full back. If this breaks down he finds himself out of position and has to chase back asap. When you are a converted full back you tend to drop deep as you are used to the game being played in front of you. The upside is you are in position, the downside is you create nothing!!!!

It not lazy it's attacking...the FA seem to quite like it, they give you 3 points if you get it right.... or we could put all 11 in the six yard box and hope for a point?:salute:

So why can Harty (a former striker) do it but not Leon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here