Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Now correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't Virgo had bookings for dissent?? Or what about Shearer at Newcastle or any other player for that matter

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Exactly.

Carpenter getting sent off is JUST as unforgivable as Knight's bookings for divings.

Gary Hart has been known to lash out and show petulance at times in his career and Virgo has got two red cards this season.

Leave Knight alone.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Richie Morris said:
Exactly.

Carpenter getting sent off is JUST as unforgivable as Knight's bookings for divings.

Gary Hart has been known to lash out and show petulance at times in his career and Virgo has got two red cards this season.

Leave Knight alone.

I agree, although Virgo was unlucky against Sunderland. Unfortunately i will continue with my opinion of Leon. He is not the panacea that you try to prove.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The Auditor said:
he dives so often the refs wont give it when its genuine

Am I correct in thinking all three penalties we've had this season have been won by Knight, none of them for dives?

Saint Lennard said:
I agree, although Virgo was unlucky against Sunderland. Unfortunately i will continue with my opinion of Leon. He is not the panacea that you try to prove.

Perhaps like Knight was unlucky to get booked for being hacked down in the box at home to Stoke? I'm not going to pretend Leon's perfect, or has been at the complete top of his game all season, but only at Brighton would the "fans" abuse their own players it seems.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
The bookings show his immature, unprofessional approach to the team and the game. Not surprising really taking his attitude into account.

what does chippys show?

virgo has been sent of twice

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:

Stupid to go in double footed tho?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Repugnant Toad said:
Am I correct in thinking all three penalties we've had this season have been won by Knight, none of them for dives?

The one at Gillingham was a bit of a fall down but I think we now miss out on penalties as Leon has in the past gone to ground to easily

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Silent Bob said:
You're all backwards ;)

Big Mac and Virgs batter the defence for 60 mins and Leon/Jakey come on and rip them apart. :smokin:

I think Leon and/or Jake should start at Rotheram though.

YO!!!!!!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A really good debate spoilt by personal postings and sarcasm

Oct 9, 2003
Knight is certainly our most talented player..and i for onw would be sad to see him go.

Reference the 'points' that leon has apparently got us single handed.....if thats the case...we have lost at least two points because he missed a pen against notts forest.

IT IS A TEAM GAME.....you cannot say what situation we would be in without leons contribution...maybe someone else would have scored chances he missed or if someone else had been fouled in the box would we have had more pens coz of leons record.

Leon...quality...end of!!!!!!!!!!

Support the team for christ sake

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope Leon starts against Burnley, should be fired up ready for action.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
robbierenaultsleftboot said:
Knight is certainly our most talented player..and i for onw would be sad to see him go.

Reference the 'points' that leon has apparently got us single handed.....if thats the case...we have lost at least two points because he missed a pen against notts forest.

IT IS A TEAM GAME.....you cannot say what situation we would be in without leons contribution...maybe someone else would have scored chances he missed or if someone else had been fouled in the box would we have had more pens coz of leons record.

Leon...quality...end of!!!!!!!!!!

Support the team for christ sake

Like i say i agree its a team game - but who won the pen at forest?

also would someone like mcphee have as quick feet as leon to win a oen in gills game?

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Hope Leon starts against Burnley, should be fired up ready for action.
I hope he doesn't. We would probably be deducted points for playing a suspended player sending us down. And all the Leon haters will blame him.

Repugnant Toad said:
I'm not going to pretend Leon's perfect, or has been at the complete top of his game all season, but only at Brighton would the "fans" abuse their own players it seems.

Good point, well made. But applies to about 3 or 4 other players in the Brighton team as equally as Leon - and will look forward to you countering such vindictive and clueless abuse in all cases, not just Leon's.

E

enigma

Everyone needs to get off McCammon as well..yeah so he's not that good but he works hard..one of the things that makes me proud of our team is everybody works hard, and thats the most important thing.

I heard some wankers in the South Stand abusing him when he keeled over at the Reading game. Scum.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Abusing our own players during a game is totally unacceptable - especially as we are in a relegation fight. We need to get 100% behind whoever is playing including McCammon, Knight and Oatway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here