Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight sacked! [merged]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What an extraordinary waste of talent, this guy needs help surely ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I think someone who has had that many chances and gone of the rails so often deserves sympathy as his head isn't nailed together properly.

whats he going to be doind in 5 or 10 years time? Crime, drugs?

He needs locking up in a funny farm to sort his haed out or needs a damn good kicking to beat some sense into him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't recall the fans hating Knight until McGhee came in. Is my memory wrong on that?

Oct 25, 2003
i read an interview in fourfourtwo with a guy that ran that senrab team

he said knight was the most talented player that he had ever coached

that means that he was better than: (from wikipedia)

* Ade Akinbiyi
* Lee Bowyer
* Sol Campbell
* Gary Chivers
* Jermain Defoe
* Ugo Ehiogu
* Jonathan Fortune
* Leo Fortune-West
* Fitz Hall
* Vince Hilaire
* Terry Hurlock
* Kemal Izzet
* Muzzy Izzet
* Ledley King

* Paul Konchesky
* Kevin Nicholls
* Darren Purse
* Jlloyd Samuel
* Terry Skiverton
* John Terry
* Bobby Zamora

such a shame, the guy has clearly got some SERIOUS issues that should've been addressed a long time ago

waste of a talent who now, really, has no career left in football

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
I don't recall the fans hating Knight until McGhee came in. Is my memory wrong on that?

well mcghee came in fairly soon after knight had signed, i really can't think you can blame mcghee

i can't remember the fans disliking knight, really, until he started acting like a MEGA TWAT in his 2nd season

i actually think coppell is the ONLY manager that knight has failed to clash with

is this true?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Most fans were sad to see him go, but turned against him when he said he was glad we were relegated, and criticised some of the senior pros such as Oatway and Carpenter.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just always remember him, and apparently this is wrong, as being a potential bobby zamora under coppell, then McGhee came in and he went down hill. Was he really not there very long before McGhee came in?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I just always remember him, and apparently this is wrong, as being a potential bobby zamora under coppell, then McGhee came in and he went down hill. Was he really not there very long before McGhee came in?

Coppell left in October from what I recall, so he did reasonably well under McGhee for the first few months, although he was nearly dropped for the play off final for his favourite tricks of missing training, poor timekeeping etc.

Good player, but not dedicated to his profession, and that can only lead one way in such a competitive job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here