Votes: 36 27.7%
  • Tosser we're glad to see the back of

Votes: 94 72.3%

• Total voters

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
Poor old Dave :lol: It's a tragic fact that the more he bites at this picture, the more times it is destined to appear on here :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

you'll keep

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
The way it could have be handled better.

Back to the start of it all the Wolves game.

Question was something like - what happend with leon after he was subbed.

Mcghee could have quite simply said something along the lines of.
The boy is frustrated at being subbed today and it shows he wants to play, as for his reaction we shall have a word with him behind closed doors.

Fair point, but with LK's attitude I am sure he would still be on his way out...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.W. said:
Fair point, but with LK's attitude I am sure he would still be on his way out...

Maybe you never know, The only case in recent times of thios sort of thing was Keane at Spurs when he stormed off after about 70 mins when wasnt brought on as a sub.
Jol Took didnt said what i put in the above quote and now look at him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but RK is worth retaining... LK isn't...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let us not forget the silly face McGhee pulled to the crowd after Leon shrugged him off when he was subbed after the Wolves game.

Taking the piss out of him cannot of helped surely?

KinkyHitler said:
Maybe you never know, The only case in recent times of thios sort of thing was Keane at Spurs when he stormed off after about 70 mins when wasnt brought on as a sub.
Jol Took didnt said what i put in the above quote and now look at him.

Ah, comparing Keane with Knight again. Remind me, who did Robbie Keane present his 100th goal shirt to, Martin Jol or Mark McGhee? :)

I think this illustrates that Keane is probably a footballer with commonsense professionalism, and Knight is probably an utter screw-up who goes through both agents and clubs like a dose of salts.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Ah, comparing Keane with Knight again. Remind me, who did Robbie Keane present his 100th goal shirt to, Martin Jol or Mark McGhee? :)

I think this illustrates that Keane is probably a footballer with commonsense professionalism, and Knight is probably an utter screw-up who goes through both agents and clubs like a dose of salts.

But then Knight has only had 2 permanent clubs, us and Chelsea. The number of loan moves he has had is fairly common for players on the fringes at a top club.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

Keane has had how many clubs before he has settled down?

Uncle Buck said:
But then Knight has only had 2 permanent clubs, us and Chelsea. The number of loan moves he has had is fairly common for players on the fringes at a top club.

And what's the excuse for the number of agents?

KinkyHitler said:
Keane has had how many clubs before he has settled down?
Ah, but that's the key point - he HAS settled down. And Knight?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was only a few weeks ago that Keane was being touted around to the likes of Man City and Birmingham because he wasnt getting a regular game and he was pissed off about it.

Uncle Buck said:
Agents are a problem in the game

Ah, good call. Just as when Leon falls out with managers, it is always the managers' fault. When he falls out with agents, it's the agents' fault. When he falls out with bankruptcy courts, must be the fault of ther bankruptcy court.

If he's not a total screw-up, he's one hell of an unlucky guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here