Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Dropped!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I doubt he will be transfer listed but he won't be in the team until he bucks his ideas up. Which he will.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
And then he went back to his old ways and went missing for long periods because he was sulking.

I honestly think he's been "sulking" because of the way McGhee makes him a public scapegoat. Better managers are capable of taking different approaches to players with different mentalities. It's become pretty apparent that Leon doesn't react well to McGhee's public lambastings ... I certainly don't recall Steve Coppell lamenting his players in the press every five minutes.

Difficult players can be handled by good managers. We've certainly got one, but not necessarily the other.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
I doubt he will be transfer listed but he won't be in the team until he bucks his ideas up. Which he will.

I think McGhee may have other ideas and want to draw a line under this.

It can't just go on and on this bad attitude then love-in.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Beach Hut said:
I agree but we cannot have players with his type of attitude at BHAFC, no good for team commitment etc

As long as he delivers on the pitch, which I think he has this season, I'm not terribly fussed about his "attitude" elsewhere. He can have as much of an ego as he likes, plenty of excellent players do - the players don't seem to have a problem with him, from everything I've seen.

Repugnant Toad said:
I honestly think he's been "sulking" because of the way McGhee makes him a public scapegoat. Better managers are capable of taking different approaches to players with different mentalities. It's become pretty apparent that Leon doesn't react well to McGhee's public lambastings ... I certainly don't recall Steve Coppell lamenting his players in the press every five minutes.

Difficult players can be handled by good managers. We've certainly got one, but not necessarily the other.

When has McGhee made hima public scapegoat? Apart from the incident where Leon spat the dummy after being subbed I don't recall McGhee ever slagging him off in the press after games, before this weekend of course.

In fact I don't remember McGhee lamenting his players in the press every 5 minutes either. FFS McGhee gets stupid amounts of stick on here for DEFENDING the players and saying how well he thought we played after games that we haven't won, or even drawn occassionally.

As for Leon and Albert leaving before the game, I said before it may be that they were given permission to leave. All the wringing of hands and shaking of heads is ridiculous as no one here actually knows whether he was allowed to go or not.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
As for Leon and Albert leaving before the game, I said before it may be that they were given permission to leave. All the wringing of hands and shaking of heads is ridiculous as no one here actually knows whether he was allowed to go or not.

They upped and went without asking teachers permission.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
KinkyGoehring said:
good enough proof for me.....:shootself

Well I would not name a name etc.

Read what you want into it but that is what happened and coupled with LK being out of contract at the end of the season maybe we should cash in but I believe Chelski has a sell on clause.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Believe me or not, couldn't really care.

Beach Hut said:
Believe me or not, couldn't really care.

Name your source then. Were you in the dressing room with them? Has McGhee publically come out and lambasted them? Or are you just attention seeking and trying to whip up controversy?

Oh, Chelsea do have a 50% sell on so any money we got, which I doubt would be much as he hasn't been setting the league on fire, we'd have to give them half. A straight player swap would be the better deal, IF we could get someone decent.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why should I name anyone to you ?

And no it's not attention seeking but as I said believe it or not entirely up to you.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Name your source then. Were you in the dressing room with them? Has McGhee publically come out and lambasted them? Or are you just attention seeking and trying to whip up controversy?

Oh, Chelsea do have a 50% sell on so any money we got, which I doubt would be much as he hasn't been setting the league on fire, we'd have to give them half. A straight player swap would be the better deal, IF we could get someone decent.

I reckon you will be surprised how much Brighton would get.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
How much do you reckon Kinks? Seriously?

I'd be amazed if we got 100K for him, which would leave us with 50K.

There was a rumour Forest offered £400K a while back.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Rangdo said:
How the hell can you make a judgement like that? You've got no idea what the facts are. Like Starry says he could have had a family emergency or perhaps the final whistle was past his bedtime.

He was No 17 on McGhee's team selection. Whatever anyone thinks of McGhee, he picks the team, decides the tactics, and can drop whoever he wishes, that's his job. Knight is very wrong to leave when he should be supporting his team mates. There obviously wasn't a family emergency or any other such reason. He's a terrific player but his attitude is very poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here