Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lemmings: An Apology

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Lammy said:
What am I if I think we WILL go down and WON'T bounce straight back but that it WON'T be a disaster?
Whatever you are, I must be one too. I thought we were lucky to get into this division via the play-offs and lucky to stay up last year. Even if we had got the much sought-after new striker in the transfer window I'd have still thought us lucky to stay up.

Why? Because on the income we get there's no way we can afford to offer big enough wages to the players we need to stay in the Championship. If we pay wages we can't afford we'll go out of business as we're on enough of a financial knife-edge as it is. The Falmer application went in at the time we were in what is now League 2, so I can't understand why League would be any kind of disaster at all. Disappointing yes, disaster no.

And now back to the Les Biehn/London Irish slagfest...

Les Biehn said:
LI, you can call me a cum guzzling thunder slut if it makes you feel happy. I could say that all discussions you enter into are personal as they all revolve around you proving what an erudite and knowledgeable human being you are.

Not only this but it is clear I went back to the original argument associated with the overall thread but you have instigated a personal attack by threatening to call me Lemming and saying my argument was brainless. But I'm sure that that is a perfectly reasonable thing for you to do from the top of your soap box.

Also you are blatantly pulling the argument away from your own failings as a poster on here (i.e being rather arrogant and condescending) and drawing attention to mine, but masquerading it as a desire on my part not to enter into an argument with you. Which also has the added, and rather hidden, bonus of making you look more intelligent by inferring that I don't want to get into a debate with you over the issue.

And for the record I don't ever remember anyone at my school using 'lemming' as an insult. For me the use of lemming articulated the point that many fans were blindly following a belief that relegation would not cause any problems. Whether I agree with Harty or not, I think the connotations of the word worked well in the context of his view.

I’m sure your now gonna fixate on a small part of what I said, deconstruct it to the hilt and say I am a moron who has just resorted to calling you a poo poo head. Why don’t you come up with a better argument than 'the word lemming made me cry' and actually have a more substantial reason for disagreeing with my assessment of the situation. And if you can do it without a personal attack that would be nice, nobody likes a hypocrite.

So, because nobody used "lemming" as an insult as your school, it is not an insulting world then? That is more of your odd logic?

It is doubly remarkable that you hold this view even when Harty has been big enough to apologise for it. You even say that his slagging off other fans as lemmings "worked well"!

I'm sure all the people on NSC, and all the far more numerous groups of Albion fans who don't think us dropping to tier 3 would be a disaster, are delighted that you think that's an appropriate name for them.

As Harty isn't even defending the use of this dismissive name-calling, who besides you is?

You can't realise the strange corner you have boxed youself into, it's not just me you are attacking, is it? But all the people who feel caricatured by being labelled in such a silly fashion.

You have declared in your first paragraph there that EVERY comment I make on NSC is "personal". Just how ridiculous is that? You're not focusing on anything particular I say, it's just everything I say? :lolol:

You make the comment that I have even "instigated a personal attack" on you in this thread :lol: Now I'm willing to bet the oh-so-mature defensive reaction of "you started it" probably was used in your school playground, even if "lemming" wasn't :)

So, following on from your odd logic, I clearly do now have nothing to lose in your eyes if I do call you a cum guzzling thunder slut, or far worse than that in every post from now - might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, eh? :D

But actually "Lemming" will do fine for the future, it will be an interesting experiment in whether you can take name-calling like this rather than just think it's fine and "works well" to hand it out :)

It's a bit of shame that we can't focus our present dialogue on the more uplifting matters of how the phone-in can be improved, or how different groups of Albion fans with different assessments of the consequences of relegation can exchange their points of view in a more healthy way.

But your odd obsession in wanting to make my endemically "bad" character (we've had hypocrite added to the mix in your latest post) the focus of this thread, means we have lost that opportunity. But that's just a lost opportunity with you, though isn't it, and I can live with that. Lots of other people on NSC have a more positive approach to these matters :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Oh dear LI, at least I bother to type my so called 'personal attacks' on you rather than click on the smilies for you self congratulatory mocking. Funny how you regard these little home truths as personal attacks.

I'm sure you think your playing some clever clever deconstructionist game and I really hope you are because if your not its amazes me how pedantic you are and how literally you take things. For a 'hack' your not very adept at reading between the lines.

Funny how you are resorting to name calling but are rapping it up in a so called social experiment.

But actually "Lemming" will do fine for the future, it will be an interesting experiment in whether you can take name-calling like this rather than just think it's fine and "works well" to hand it out

Why is it you seem to think you are the voice of the NSC? Why is it you never address any of the questions posed to you about the way you behave?

It's a bit of shame that we can't focus our present dialogue on the more uplifting matters of how the phone-in can be improved, or how different groups of Albion fans with different assessments of the consequences of relegation can exchange their points of view in a more healthy way.

You asked me for a more constructive comment which I gave you. It was you that resorted to the rather brainless argument of 'how would you like to be called a Lemming? I'm gonna call you a Lemming and see how you like it.'

Well done LI. I actually thought you were a decent guy, just one who was opinionated. Now I think you are actually quite an obnoxious individual, one who feels the need to use his intellect to put people down just to make himself feel better.

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
Now I think you are actually quite an obnoxious individual
Earlier today you were saying I was quite a decent guy, suddenly now I'm obnoxious :lolol: Lemming Les, can't say I'm surprised by the rapidly increasing rate of your personal attacks on me, it's all too common passive-aggressive behaviour alas.

It's interesting that in your latest post you drop any reference, or any real pretence, that this issue is about us discussing Harty's phone-in. In fact, we all know that from the off this entire thing has just been about you venting a bit of weird hostility towards me, you've dressed it up nicely in previous posts but now you can't put the effort in to do even that.

You don't like me - fine, as an adult you have to be mature to accept things like that without too much qualms, I can't say I'm have too much of a strong opinion on you either way, just a bit of surprise at the tone of your recent postings.

My only hope now is that you don't become a bit more obsessional and start following me around lots of other NSC threads with your kind comments about me :) We'll see Lemming Les, we'll see, it will be a bit of sport I guess at the very worst. :wave:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Once again not answering any of my questions. Oh well.

Its also interesting how much your threads revolve around you. Funny how you think that this whole thing is me pursuing you in some way yet you have responded to my posts as much as I have to yours. Says a lot about you narcissistic behaviour.

Also I never said I didn't like you. Not much mention of Harty's phone in by you in that last post either. And I was pretty sure you said that was the issue.

Oh yeah, I'm the one making it quite clear I feel you're acting like a bit of an arse yet you are threatening to call me names, but somehow I'm the one who is acting passive aggressive. That's some weird logic you have there.

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
whole thing is me pursuing you in some way yet you have responded to my posts as much as I have to yours. Says a lot about you narcissistic behaviour.

Also I never said I didn't like you.

Oh, I SEE - so when I reply to your posts, I'm a narcissist, but when you reply to mine, you're just an all-round good fella putting me and the world to rights, eh? :D

No, you are right Lemming Les, you never said you didn't like me. But to be honest, I wasn't picking up a lot of positive vibes with "obnoxious individual" :lolol:

Keep going fella, this is edging quickly towards self-parody and becoming entertaining.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Oh, I SEE - so when I reply to your posts, I'm a narcissist, but when you reply to mine, you're just an all-round good fella putting me and the world to rights, eh? :D

You seem to wilfully misunderstand statements LI. Why is this?

Mind you I don't expect an answer, you seem to see to be incapable of answering any of my other questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here