Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester roll call

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Shan't be going as the last train from Leicester leaves at 22:00 - stupid bloody trains!

3 years ago I legged it back to the station and made it with 5 mins to spare. It is a bit of a hike but I am mid 40s and not super fit.

This year I am staying over with my mate in Market Bosworth, as I don't work Wednesdays anyway.

PG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last time I went to Leicester was on my 50th birthday and we won 1 - 0 Stuart Munday scored. 5th October 1993 in the League Cup.

Not sure about this season as it depends on the buses and using the bus pass from Sussex

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
3 years ago I legged it back to the station and made it with 5 mins to spare. It is a bit of a hike but I am mid 40s and not super fit.

This year I am staying over with my mate in Market Bosworth, as I don't work Wednesdays anyway.

PG

I'm an unfit 19 year old! It's possible to make, but I'm nor sure it's really worth the risk. Realistically we'd have to leave the match early, I can imagine being stuck getting out of the stadium at 22:00 never mind at the station. That would probably be fine as I can't see it being a classic match (there's a very good chance we'll be down), but I'm not really willing to take the risk of having to walk out of a tight 1-0 lead, or even worse miss a late winner for the Albion.

It's very annoying - the last train from Coventry to London doesn't leave until 23:30 - why is it so early from Leicester?!

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Id rather stay at home and listen to everyone moan on fans phone in, its far more entertaining.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I will be missing consecutive away games for only the second time this season. :nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasn't it 2-0. With Kurt Nogan getting the second

Think it was but I was so pissed that I couldnt remember got back to Guildford about 4.00 in the morning and all the pub neighbours told my wife next day ' we heard Brighton had won last night or rather this morning' great days she just apologised on my behalf.

I am 100% sure it was on my 50th birthday which was 5th October 1993 but have just checked Albion Results Book and that said that it was 1994. Strange because at the time my wife had a message played for my 50th birthday at Filbert St.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here