Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester: One point gained or two points dropped?

What was Leicester?

• One point gained

Votes: 290 92.1%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 25 7.9%

• Total voters

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
One great point gained. Would never have expected a point before the game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Four crucial points gained in 2 games........two of our ‘harder’ run-in games out of the way (we were seen to have one of the toughest run-ins).....minor niggle (hopefully) to Webster the only injury....Norwich, Bournemouth and West Ham all look rubbish....3 point gap to bottom 3 is now 6 (plus a big GD advantage), Lamptey and Ali Mac have got real game time and look the business......very positive restart, happy days [emoji3]

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
As I predicted a 3-0 win to Leicester, I'm delighted with a point - that's 4 points against Arsenal and Leicester; let's be grateful, not greedy.

Another point towards safety - now 6 points clear, and with a superior goal difference.

OK, so we'll probably get spanked against Man City and Klopperpool, but I reckon we can grind out a draw against Man Utd next Tuesday and grab 3 points at Norwich. I think that will be enough.

Lamptney was a revelation last night, and has given me more confidence, both about avoiding the drop, and that we can finally be a decent mid-table team next season.

Meanwhile, the teams below us have also either got to play teams in the top 6, or play each other, which is to our advantage; a draw will not be enough for either team, whereas a win for one of them means that the losing team is cut even further adrift.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Absolutely a point gained.

I'd have taken a point before kick off, and I'm happy with one now. Frustrating that the penalty was saved, but on the balance of the game a draw was a fair result, which is no bad thing to be able to say against a team pushing for a Champions League spot.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This team seems to get better results against the better teams. I wasn't surprised by the point, but very happy with the performace

I think we have a decent chance of getting points against United too.
We have a week to prepare for it, they have to play Sheff Utd and Norwich before coming down to us.
Hopefully Norwich can take them to penalties!!

The real test for this team is to start picking up points fro the lesser teams.
Would like to see us pick up a minimum of 6 points from the Norwich/Stains/Newcastle/Burnley games.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Point gained.

Against a team like Leicester I think, had we scored the penalty, it would have been too early in the game and they'd have likely come at us hard. Who knows how it would have ended up?

As it is we've got 4 from 6, West Ham lost, Bournemouth have got a tough game tonight and Norwich are adrift. For some reason think Villa will get themselves out of it though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its an obvious answer to this question. Someone looking to get a few more hits on this web page me thinks :rolleyes:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
5 points from Wolves away, Arsenal at home and Leicester away with 2 clean sheets. Fantastic.

I think if we’d scored that penalty the game would have been drastically different anyway, might have woke Leicester up a lot earlier.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Looking at the fixture list during lockdown i would have been delighted with 4 points from those two games. And I am, so i guess that's something.

At this stage of the season, with the teams around us continuing to be dogshit even a point becomes a bigger hurdle for them to overcome.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Feels like a very good point gained. Similar to last season’s point away at Wolves, although achieved with a hugely different approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That point is a bit like a field goal in American Football that takes the lead from 6 to 9 points. With goal difference, 2 more wins than us won't be enough for most teams below us. Without that point, a last minute scramble could have taken teams above us by a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here