Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, the biggest problem is the impatience of our entitled fans. It stymies development, extinguishes creativity, jumps on errors, finger points at the first possible opportunity, bad mouths every player, shows a new type of “support.” One which overloads on pithy deconstruction of each player’s ability. And then overlays that with Potter bashing.

Go and shop. You won’t be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players have had 9 months free of fans (allegedly) holding them back from expressing themselves.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Well, how does it feel in the cold light of Monday morning?
I was as miserable as anyone last night. We were outclassed, men against boys. But....it is way too soon to say we are doomed to relegation. Mind you, I am so teed off with the Premiership this season that it would almost be a relief to get back to sensible football. The next 2 or 3 games are massive for us ... Can Potter pull things around, make the right tactical decisions and I still confidence in them? I hope so.

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
No, the biggest problem is the impatience of our entitled fans. It stymies development, extinguishes creativity, jumps on errors, finger points at the first possible opportunity, bad mouths every player, shows a new type of “support.” One which overloads on pithy deconstruction of each player’s ability. And then overlays that with Potter bashing.

Go and shop. You won’t be missed.

Well said.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It only feels quite so bad because we then had to listen to Alex Scott's repetitive, ill-informed squawks on MotD2. If they want a female pundit who knows what she's talking about, get Chelsea manager Emma Hayes. Oh but of course they won't because she's not as telegenic as AS.

You do know you didn't have to watch MOTD2?! I'm amazed anyone Albion fan in their right mind did on a Sunday night after that performance

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I was as miserable as anyone last night. We were outclassed, men against boys. But....it is way too soon to say we are doomed to relegation. Mind you, I am so teed off with the Premiership this season that it would almost be a relief to get back to sensible football. The next 2 or 3 games are massive for us ... Can Potter pull things around, make the right tactical decisions and I still confidence in them? I hope so.

The Premier League has been an embarrassment this season, especially considering it's a worldwide brand. VAR, cheating, the quality has been very limited overall... I feel fine this morning. If we drop back out of the Prem... :shrug: hardly the end of the world. Not like it's much fun for the likes of us anyway, let's be honest! And all the while VAR is in place it's not much fun for anyone.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We just need to get more goals, we are all over it at times and it is as if the ball has reverse polarity with the net.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What a load of rubbish! Who would you rather have as manager? Sam Allardyce?

He’s trying to embed a whole new way of playing, both attacking wise and defensively. It’s like turning a ship in a canal - it might bang the walls.

I’d prefer to take the time to get this right as we will become a very good team. If you can’t envision it, offer alternatives.

The first half was fundamentally disappointing but this sort of reaction to fire the manager is total f###ing b###ocks and you’ll need a waterproof mattress cover, you bed wetter. Get with the extended programme.

I haven’t called for his sacking, he won’t be sacked (something I mentioned elsewhere...) it’s your post that screams hysteria and hyperbole in the blind faith department! If we do go down I’m sure you’ll be thrilled with the success of the long term ‘project’, let’s face it regardless of the actual outcome the best we’re going to get is one or two places above the bottom three (again) ... zero progress and zero fun... it’s shit, last night was shit, and blind faith isn’t satisfactory in the face of the stark reality of our position.

His record against most of the teams around us is poor, he’s not a motivator he’s a philosophy teacher trying to cut it in the PL - he’s clearly no longer able to pick the right team, and he’s no longer reaching the players.

It’s going to be a long, long couple of weeks.

But feel free to find the diminishing positives and picking on people who dare to suggest last night was an absolute shambles - Leicester took their foot off the gas last night, it was that easy for them ... it was one of the worst PL performances from us, it was a horrible mess - where is the progress?

I actually really liked where we were traveling last season, we looked good (genuinely so) but we seem to be increasingly poor, worryingly - we’re going backwards and fast, brittle and weak ... he doesn’t seem to have an answer ... and that spells trouble.

As for the Big Sam and bed wetting comments, bizarre that my post was the one you jumped on like an angry child having a tantrum... laughable frankly, and equally bizarre... big Sam, really? And you got that from those couple of lines... behave.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Yep on to the next one, trouble is Fulham went up there and beat the 'men'

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

In the cold light of day.......

I watched an awful lot of football this weekend (not much else to do). Looking at it dispassionately, I'm not sure I saw another team quite as poor as us over 90 minutes, apart from Sheffield. Fulham played well and were unlucky to lose. You could say the same about WBA. Burnley won. Palace took a point off Spurs.

We're not doomed, of course not, but there needs to be a very swift improvement. Hopefully we'll see that this week.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Bissouma is on 4 yellow cards and we were 0-3 down. It made complete sense to protect him from suspension or injury for a potential 6 pointer in 3 days.
Fair play, I didn't realise he was that close to a 5th yellow card!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can you find me where the promise of top ten this season is? I looked but could not find anything.

The pledge by owner Tony Bloom for Brighton to become a top-10 team, and his belief in the somewhat inexperienced Potter to get them there, looked like hubris.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/premier-league-preview-can-brighton-become-a-top-half-side

By our very own Chailey Jem, not a man given to exaggeration.

When do you think we should aim for it then? 2035?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I haven’t called for his sacking, he won’t be sacked (something I mentioned elsewhere...) it’s your post that screams hysteria and hyperbole in the blind faith department! If we do go down I’m sure you’ll be thrilled with the success of the long term ‘project’, let’s face it regardless of the actual outcome the best we’re going to get is one or two places above the bottom three (again) ... zero progress and zero fun... it’s shit, last night was shit, and blind faith isn’t satisfactory in the face of the stark reality of our position.

His record against most of the teams around us is poor, he’s not a motivator he’s a philosophy teacher trying to cut it in the PL - he’s clearly no longer able to pick the right team, and he’s no longer reaching the players.

It’s going to be a long, long couple of weeks.

But feel free to find the diminishing positives and picking on people who dare to suggest last night was an absolute shambles - Leicester took their foot off the gas last night, it was that easy for them ... it was one of the worst PL performances from us, it was a horrible mess - where is the progress?

I actually really liked where we were traveling last season, we looked good (genuinely so) but we seem to be increasingly poor, worryingly - we’re going backwards and fast, brittle and weak ... he doesn’t seem to have an answer ... and that spells trouble.

As for the Big Sam and bed wetting comments, bizarre that my post was the one you jumped on like an angry child having a tantrum... laughable frankly, and equally bizarre... big Sam, really? And you got that from those couple of lines... behave.

Once again, what a load of rubbish! You have no patience and some weird assumption that we can simply jump up the table by 10 points. Better finishing throughout the season would’ve actually seen this happen.

As for losing the dressing room, this is laughable.

If you can’t see progress from Hughton’s tenure, you are blind. No longer teaching the players? Pick another manager then! Absolutely fascinated to see who you’d rather have in charge since Potter is so clearly pretending and has lost the dressing room.

I jumped on your post because it demonstrated the kind of vacuous berating of the team/manager that’s been evident in our more entitled fans for some time. Stop the endless moaning.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The pledge by owner Tony Bloom for Brighton to become a top-10 team, and his belief in the somewhat inexperienced Potter to get them there, looked like hubris.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/premier-league-preview-can-brighton-become-a-top-half-side

By our very own Chailey Jem, not a man given to exaggeration.

When do you think we should aim for it then? 2035?

“... Albion’s top-half project is a long-term vision.”

From the same piece.

Top 10 this season? Nah, I don’t think anyone at the club has ever implied that, let alone stated it. ‘Long term’ is of course a phrase that is wide open to interpretation. Personally, I read it as 4-7 years - the lower end of that range if there isn’t a relegation in there somewhere.

I do think that TB would have anticipated a better start to this campaign though and would have been dismayed at our capitulation last night.

The only straw I am currently clutching is that we have not lost to a side currently in the bottom half. The next two games are very important. On the evidence of last night, I’m not filled with confidence.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
People do seem to be using this top 10 quote out of context and using it as a stick to beat the club with. It's very similar to the time that Paul Barber once (and only once) used the phrase 'Premier League Ready' in an interview to the argus back in around 2013, and some fans didn't let it drop for years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You think they don’t read this shit?

Some might do eg Dunk and March, others might be far more interested in non football things outside of their day job.

It’s a stretch to say that a bunch of fans moaning/criticising online after defeats are crushing the development and footballing joie de vivre of our players.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“... Albion’s top-half project is a long-term vision.”

From the same piece.

Top 10 this season? Nah, I don’t think anyone at the club has ever implied that, let alone stated it. ‘Long term’ is of course a phrase that is wide open to interpretation. Personally, I read it as 4-7 years - the lower end of that range if there isn’t a relegation in there somewhere.

I do think that TB would have anticipated a better start to this campaign though and would have been dismayed at our capitulation last night.

The only straw I am currently clutching is that we have not lost to a side currently in the bottom half. The next two games are very important. On the evidence of last night, I’m not filled with confidence.

The quote that [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] replied to didn't mention this season either. Those were his words. My original quote was that I don't want to finish 17th or 16th every season. I would find that incredibly boring and unambitious. The worry is that we are moving further away from a top ten finish this season and not improving in the increments everyone would surely have hoped for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here