Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You have to be trolling now. Leicester have had FIFTEEN season in the Premier league.
We have the lowest number of years in the Premier league out of all the current teams.

They hadn't been in the Premier League since 2004!!!

If they'd built a base using Muzzy Izzit it had probably gone by 2014.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Can you sit back and enjoy it at all with irony?

We were so bad last night, that my son felt the pain and disappeared at 2-0. I carried on, for a gallows humour piss take of the overall incompetence of Potter and a few players. Honourable exceptions Bissouma and Veltman, whilst Solly and White were okay.

I think I’m punch drunk after 3.3 seasons of us so very often losing, but this was not a nail biting late loss eg suffered at WHL.

My feelings exactly.

Life's too short to get too worked up by it all (moments like the United injury time fiasco aside).

This season has been a joke so far anyway in the PL what with Var, cheating, etc; it's hard to enjoy football in general at the moment anyway.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My feelings exactly.

Life's too short to get too worked up by it all (moments like the United injury time fiasco aside).

This season has been a joke so far anyway in the PL what with Var, cheating, etc; it's hard to enjoy football in general at the moment anyway.

NSC’ers didn’t believe me, but I remained relaxed in that final 15 minutes of Villa’s diving.

All seems quite surreal on the box, with the sound low.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I give up. You clearly want instant gratification. I hope the board don't give in to fans like you as I really don't want to see us go to the wall again and be another in a long line of ex-premier league clubs in league one and two after splashing the cash to have a pop at the top ten.

Again, that's what YOU think I said. Please quote where I've said we should break the bank, what I've said we should spend and who on?

We're in our fourth PL season with "the best young British coach in the game" and players signed from Ajax and Liverpool. 16th is underachieving.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can you sit back and enjoy it at all with irony?

We were so bad last night, that my son felt the pain and disappeared at 2-0. I carried on, for a gallows humour piss take of the overall incompetence of Potter and a few players. Honourable exceptions Bissouma and Veltman, whilst Solly and White were okay.

I think I’m punch drunk after 3.3 seasons of us so very often losing, but this was not a nail biting late loss eg suffered at WHL.

I did rather see the humour, hence my moving onto comments about AJs hair and winning smile in this thread... we were and are all too often outclassed - there is no disgrace there, as we’re clearly not alone. I love the football we’re trying to play, but it has massive glaring problems that GP doesn’t seem to be able to fix... we’ve for whatever reason regressed ... tbh it’s getting to the point where I expect to lose each game and any other outcome is a massive bonus... yeah I can get on board, especially with the idea it’s just a ‘game’ with way more important stuff going on, even when things are ‘ normal...’

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The spending is implied, or you think we can break the top ten now without spending loads of money. Which is it!?

Why have you used the word "now" when you haven't found a quote from me and have decided I have implied it.

I've told you the answer in the previous post. Ashworth thinks Potter is the best in the business and we have made signings like Veltman and Lallana. According to that we should be doing MUCH better without breaking the bank.

However, the League does broadly follow wage bill levels in its order. There are plenty of posts from [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] on this, and because of our wage cap we are towards the bottom on wages, so we're trying to game the system. If we get no traction at all with Potter and "clever" transfers then either the coach has to go or the strategy has to change.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well if you are backtracking and claiming you don't want instant gratification and it now then why are you not prepared to wait and give it time? This strategy you mention will take years, maybe ten-plus. I don't follow how you can understand what is happening but also be so fed up it's not progress now that you will give up and leave!

Christ, you really are a halfwit.

I think we should be doing much better with the coach and players we have today

Got it?

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here