Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the penalty- I know the whole ‘double jeopardy’ thing is now in the laws, but considering David Luiz was sent vs City when the attacker was further from goal, why was Justin not sent off? Or is it just a standard case of referees being totally inconsistent?

I think that it is mainly the inconsistency because I believe they are meant to also judge whether it was a genuine attempt for the ball/whether they had a realistic chance of getting the ball, which opens up room for a lot of differing judgement calls.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Excellent half. Another reminder of how much further up the league we could/should be though if we'd bloody take our chances! Must be incredibly frustrating for GP. Hopefully we can continue second half and take a chance or two...

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
1st half thoughts

We look the much better side

There's a big difference in our pressing/midfield now compared to before the break etc. We're pressing and challenging a lot more

Lamptey looks great so far, very agile + takes people on

Macallister has been quiet but only been 45mins

Haven't seen Vardy once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll settle for a 96th minute winner.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Solid but with pacy creative outlets makes such a difference to the way we play.

Really good half and stand outs for me Biss, Lamptey and Connelly

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very good first half I thought, obviously frustrating to not score from the penalty but there we go.

I've been impressed with Lamptey, and Connolly is giving Justin all kinds of problems. It's certainly not beyond us to go on and win this, which is a good place to be given the disparity in our league positions.

I did also like the commentary point that we'll have a better chance of staying up if we concede fewer goals - I wonder if GP had thought of that?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
well, suck my old stump, we might yet still get beat; but, if you a'int a potter fan now, then i don't know what

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Should be comfortably ahead, so as will usually happen we will now lose 3-0 in the second half

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think that it is mainly the inconsistency because I believe they are meant to also judge whether it was a genuine attempt for the ball/whether they had a realistic chance of getting the ball, which opens up room for a lot of differing judgement calls.

Thanks, seems like a massively subjective grey area!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here