Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City in for Leon Knight?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
In today’s ‘Nico’s Nation’ in the News of the World

“Leicester boss Micky Adams may return to his old club Brighton for Leon Knight. The former Chelsea striker, 22, who has attracted interest from Reading, is Brighton’s top scorer with 20 this term.”

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I saw it in Observer sport too.
they'd be f***ing stupid to buy him, he's no premiership star, but then again, he did bring in dabizas:nono:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
There was a time when I used to laugh at such speculation. But this guy does seem to have a good source at the Albion. The reporting was very accurate regarding Coppell going to Reading. And while every other paper was saying it was Rosenior to take over, this column was the first to say it was going to be Mark McGhee as Knight didn’t want to pay compensation. Finally, although it may have been reported elsewhere, the first I heard about Zamora going to West ham and Defoe going to Spurs was in this column.

Therefore to me it doesn’t look good regarding Leon’s future at the club.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I can safely say we'd be in the bottom four now if it wasn't for Knight's goals... Ok, he hasn't been performing to the best of his ability the last couple of games but we'd be buggered without him... I expect if he was to be sold it would be for a small sum too as we need the money.

:(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Should we sell him ??? i.e. for a Zamora like fee ???

After the fans have bought their season tickets, of course.

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
I think Yes. He is possibly not McGhees kind of player - and I think MM WOULD be given the money to spend on someone more suited to our style of play.

His inability to stay on his feet is more of a liability in the lower divisions, where refs presume that someone with a bit of skill who is upended must be diving.

We have other decent strikers - Jake and to a lesser extent Marney who aren't being played because they are also short and you can't have two Munchkins up front.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If you were Leon Knight would you really want to stay at Brighton? The guy is a skillful, talented player who is at his best when the ball is played to his feet and he is running at the opposition. What he doesn't need is the likes of Mayo, Watto, Oatway, Butters etc continually hoofing the ball to him in the air. It must be so frustrating for him to be playing in such a poor, uncreative team.

Take the money I say but let's make sure that he commands a reasonable fee.......£200K?

:wave: :wave:

Last edited:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I have a question, why would a player that came too Brighton because he wanted too play. Go to a club where he can't play until August as currently they are in the Premier and the transfer window is closed till next season?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I agree with you in a way Lush

I think Leon feels a bit let down in a way,as the reason he came here for in the first place was mainly down to SC being in charge.

He hasnt looked the slightest bit interested in the last few games,the exception being when we were live on Sky.

So I reckon he will be off in the Summer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone think Benjamin may be grilled as to his opinion on LK when he gets back or is his loan to us the start of his cards and money at Leicester?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
El Presidente said:
Leicester will not be spending any money on players if they are relegated.

I'm sure they will be able to afford Leon Knight, especially when they offload some of their players on higher Premiership wages like Muzzy Izzet.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
he would be ok in 1st div. cannot see him doing much in prem. as said above he wouldnt move till end of season anyway. because of transfer window. i dont think leicster could afford him if they go to div 1. they have only spent £600,000 on about 12 players in the prem.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Have Leicester got any money at all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here