Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City in for Leon Knight?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funny thing is, I can't remember the finer details of a single one of Leon's goals apart from his twice-taken penalty t'other week. My fault I'm sure, but I can remember LOADS of Bobby Zamora's goals. It's well weird. Guess the same might be true of a few more people cos the last poll on here for Player Of The Year had Butters streets ahead of Leon. How queer.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
i wouldn't wish the lazy sod on micky. im sure hes got more sense and he doesnt need to ask benjamin about him. hes got enough contacts at brighton of his own. i dont know wholl have him but hes got to go.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Funny thing is, I can't remember the finer details of a single one of Leon's goals apart from his twice-taken penalty t'other week. My fault I'm sure, but I can remember LOADS of Bobby Zamora's goals.
The goal against Rushden and the two at Oldham. Oh and suprisingly the one away at Swindon (I can hardly remember any of that game:drink: ;) )are all that I can remember clearly.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
The Famous Grouse said:
OOO The goal he scored against Sheffield w. Top corner curling beauty!

Wasn't that the goal that beat Cheaterfield 1 -0?

His goal against sheff Wed was a run and low shot from the edge of the box into the bottom left hand corner, or have I got that totally wrong?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BenElton'sBrother said:
Wasn't that the goal that beat Cheaterfield 1 -0?

His goal against sheff Wed was a run and low shot from the edge of the box into the bottom left hand corner, or have I got that totally wrong?

If I remember rightly (which I probably don't) the goal against Wednesday he took on 3 defenders and beat them all to score.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
mmmm, our 20 goal striker and people want to get rid of him. There's nowt as fickle as football fans is there.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
If Leicester wanted him they would have to pay money, he is under contract for 2 years I think and they are skint ! so I do not believe it.

The article also mentioned Reading (them again !) which is possible as they have some dosh.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Knight is one of our better plays, and at a time when most people seem to think that wholesale changes are needed, I certainly think we need to try and keep hold of one of the better players. If though Leicester did come in with a decent offer, then Knight would have to consider it.

The goal against Leicester in the friendly was quality.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Lush said:
We have other decent strikers - Jake and to a lesser extent Marney who aren't being played because they are also short and you can't have two Munchkins up front. [/B]

Give it a f***ing rest you muppet, leon is a proven goal scorer, robinson is still young but marney is total wank. Without Leon this season we would be in the lower half of the table so shut your mouth and wake up.

Rant over.
silence is easy

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
marvin said:
I have a question, why would a player that came too Brighton because he wanted too play. Go to a club where he can't play until August as currently they are in the Premier and the transfer window is closed till next season?

Spot on Marvin - shame nobody else has picked up on that glaring oversight by the News of The World

Leon's going nowhere :clap2:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Given the current climate, MM may be forced to let Leon go in the summer. If he gets £500k + this may be good business for us if it means we can get 2-3 players in his place.

However, I read these rumours in the Observer every week and rarely do any of them come true. I'm not too worried.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
chips and gravy said:
Given the current climate, MM may be forced to let Leon go in the summer. If he gets £500k + this may be good business for us if it means we can get 2-3 players in his place.

However, I read these rumours in the Observer every week and rarely do any of them come true. I'm not too worried.

If Leon goes we'll see virtually nothing of the fee for team strengthening. Look at how much we've made/saved since the end of last season and how much we've spent on the squad.

Our days as the paupers of the football league look set to continue for the forseeable future with or without Falmer approval :(

Falmer is and will continue to be a black hole for any money. I can't see that we'll do any team strengthening that costs more than wages until we are playing at Falmer.

It will be worthwhile but how much longer will it be....

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
If a team comes in with decent money for him then sell him! The rest of the team is soooo poor having a player like Knight makes fek all difference. Besides his outragous diving antics in the early part of the season has come home to roost! Refs have his card marked and he is going to pick up loads of bookings!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Lammy said:
If a team comes in with decent money for him then sell him! The rest of the team is soooo poor having a player like Knight makes fek all difference. Besides his outragous diving antics in the early part of the season has come home to roost! Refs have his card marked and he is going to pick up loads of bookings!

ok take 20 goals away from this team and i dont think we would be just outside the play-offs, no actually i f***ing guarantee we wouldnt.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
bhafc4eva said:
ok take 20 goals away from this team and i dont think we would be just outside the play-offs, no actually i f***ing guarantee we wouldnt.

i've worked it out! the pts he has won us has been bloody loads. but if it weren't for him we would be in the relegation zone or just above

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Leicester offered a million quid for Leon, I would honestly bite their hands off. I'm sure even the Albion would find a few quid in our black hole finances to find a replacement, and a million quid is well worth it for someone who hasn't exactly justified his status lately.

Maybe it's just me, but I look at the goalscoring charts and can't figure out how the hell he's scored 20 this season. I can hardly remember any of them! Apart from QPR at home.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, it's not just me, I see Tom Hark has just said exactly the same thing!

I realise his 20 goals have been the difference between flirting with relegation and possible play offs etc, all I'm saying is that I can't see people being as worried about Leon leaving as they woud have been with, say, Zamora going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here