Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It would be great if another Club just handed over £10m but I think we'd be lucky to see half that for Ulloa. There isn't an imminent transfer deadline and Ulloa was hardly in peak form in the play offs to prompt a bidding war so this could well drift on for a while. Unless as you suggest TB may tell them get on their bike if they cannot make a more realistic offer. Ulloa has established a reputation in the Championship and has scored against PL clubs so clearly isn't a muppet either.

In recent years you also have to consider what role the player's agent may or may not have played in this process. Is Ulloa being touted around other clubs as a genuine ploy to obtain a transfer - or is this ploy to get a better deal out of us while we have some money?

Finally I would be concerned whether the player's head has been turned by all this speculation. Especially now it is the close season, players are on their hols or in Ulloa's case presumably he will spend some time in his native country and therefore the Club may have less day to day influence over who he might be talking to. Will he return for pre-season training with his head elsewhere?

I think back to the Bridcutt situation. At what point did Poyet turn Liam's head? Were the seeds planted inside Liam's head before Poyet's exit? OK he had an injury early last season but all the transfer talk seemed to distract him, when fit he wasn't selected to play or was below par when he did. In the end all parties accepted that he had to go. I'm not sure we got the sort of fee we might have if Liam had been on really top form. I still wouldn't be surprised if Leicester get gazumped by Sunderland over Ulloa?

I know it is annoying to see a player we have taken a punt on, do well and then get snapped up by a club with a bigger budget but ultimately we should take the money and get on with sorting out our own squad.

Take the money, but only if it meets OUR valuation. Not Leicester's. BTW we did well with Liam's sale.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nobody has said that. Of course the Albion use the press but most normal intelligent human beings are then able to quote / demonstrate where they have done so.

All you've done is claim something and not been able to back it up ( by your own admission ) - you clearly are slightly deluded.

NOT so.

I made the claim that Brighton used the press to 'leak' the high valuation of Ulloa. You prove they didn't. After all, you are asking me to prove the opposite.

Meanwhile, another poster - mejonaNO12 aka riskit- claims it is pure press speculation. I hereby ask him/her to prove it. Backup his/her claim. Can he/she?

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
NOT so. I made the claim that Brighton used the press to 'leak' the high valuation of Ulloa. You prove they didn't. After all, you are asking me to prove the opposite.

Bugger me - your logic is crap ! How can I prove something didn't happen - it's nonsensical. I can't prove God doesn't exist so I'm unlikely to be able to prove the Albion didn't use the press. You on the other hand claim they DID something. That would mean there was evidence of this 'doing' happening. But of course you've made it up so you can't prove it.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bugger me - your logic is crap ! How can I prove something didn't happen - it's nonsensical. I can't prove God doesn't exist so I'm unlikely to be able to prove the Albion didn't use the press. You on the other hand claim the DID something. That would mean there was evidence of this 'doing' happening. But of course you've made it up so you can't prove it.

My post edited for clarity.

However, in response to your quoted post. It is impossible for me to prove it, as you well know (and as I stated previously). Doesn't mean my logic is 'crap'.

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Take the money, but only if it meets OUR valuation. Not Leicester's. BTW we did well with Liam's sale.

I don't see Tony Bloom rolling over for anything less than a respectable deal for any player, let alone Ulloa.

I also look at how we played hard ball with certain former players who (allegedly) we would not stretch the wage budget for or give them a longer contract and they were moved on, irrespective of how popular they were..

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

However, in response to your quoted post. It is impossible for me to prove it, as you well know (and as I stated previously).

For once we agree - it is obviously impossible to prove something happened when it didn't.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

However, in response to your quoted post. It is impossible for me to prove it, as you well know (and as I stated previously).

That's 'clarity'?

It's impossible to prove, because there's next to no evidence. We may be waiting for £10m but you cannot claim that this a fact, we've only unsubstantiated rumour.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see Tony Bloom rolling over for anything less than a respectable deal for any player, let alone Ulloa.

I also look at how we played hard ball with certain former players who (allegedly) we would not stretch the wage budget for or give them a longer contract and they were moved on, irrespective of how popular they were..

Agreed. Sorry if I misunderstood your earlier post.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Meanwhile, another poster - mejonaNO12 aka riskit- claims it is pure press speculation. I hereby ask him/her to prove it. Backup his/her claim. Can he/she?

The lack of the press quoting a "source" or any BHA member of staff somewhat backs up his point. Exactly what evidence could he provide to prove the club didn't do it - and I mean in exact detail ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The lack of the press quoting a "source" or any BHA member of staff somewhat backs up his point. Exactly what evidence could he provide to prove the club didn't do it - and I mean in exact detail ?

He/she can't. That's my point. The club did use the press tho.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Nope. Wrong again.

I never claimed this exact rumour of £10m was pure speculation. I have no proof of that. I claimed that the papers often use pure speculation on naming a fee which I do know.

I claimed you have NO proof it was from the club and I was right....as you have admitted.

Two completely different things.

You claim I don't know how it "works". If only I had worked in a radio station based directly WITHIN a football stadium and worked on 3 transfer windows whilst at said media output and therefore have an idea about how the club and press interact on such matters.

Either way, I don't need to have worked at such an output to have concluded that you, on many occassions, claim something is fact with literally no proof.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He/she can't. That's my point. The club did use the press tho.

At the risk of labouring the point, how do you KNOW that the club 'used the press' with this £10m valuation when as you have stated yourself, there is no quote, and no evidence ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nope. Wrong again.

I never claimed this exact rumour of £10m was pure speculation. I have no proof of that. I claimed that the papers often use pure speculation on naming a fee which I do know.

I claimed you have NO proof it was from the club and I was right....as you have admitted.

Two completely different things.

You claim I don't know how it "works". If only I had worked in a radio station based directly WITHIN a football stadium and worked on 3 transfer windows whilst at said media output and therefore have an idea about how the club and press interact on such matters.

Either way, I don't need to have worked at such an output to have concluded that you, on many occassions, claim something is fact with literally no proof.

FFS. I don't have proof. I never claimed to have proof. But I do know how these things work. You clearly don't. Despite your exalted radio station position.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
At the risk of labouring the point, how do you KNOW that the club 'used the press' with this £10m valuation when as you have stated yourself, there is no quote, and no evidence ?

I am (occasionally) ITK.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I am (occasionally) ITK.

Ahhhh - why didn't you say !!!! Yes, we all get it now - despite no evidence you always claim to be ITK. In the real world it's called being a lair and a wanker.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ahhhh - why didn't you say !!!! Yes, we all get it now - despite no evidence you always claim to be ITK. In the real world it's called being a lair and a wanker.

You, sir/madam, are out of order. Resorting to (obscene) name-calling reflects really well on your character.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you read through this thread you will see where the press have got all their figures from (3rd bid at £4M surmised from a guess that the 2nd bid was £3.5M) mention of £7M as an acceptable amount , £10M as what is a dealmaker.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can imagine someone at the club saying to someone at some stage "They've just got Upson from us, if they want Ulloa as well then they'll have to pay us £10million, the kvnts!" Or words to that effect. Naylor may, or may not, have been walking by at that point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here