Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whatever figure Bloom has in his head I just hope that the club are drawing up 2 Hit Lists of players - List 1 with no Ulloa money and List 2 with part/all of the Ulloa fee Bloom thinks he can get.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
No. You're not getting nearer, are you!?

Oh well, if you still don't get it, then you probably never will.

To repeat; "As I said previously, when they used the media." should be clear enough, even for you.

They do. It's usually attributed to 'a source at the club'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not writing a paper tho', am I?

No you're not, but what you are doing is making a statement that appears to be fundamentally untrue. Quite rightly someone has asked you to back up your statement and you fuddle, squirm and try an accuse the person challenging you to prove it of being obtuse. The only person being obtuse is you.

So YOU have claimed the club have used the media to claim £10m is the required amount. So prove it - you can use Twitter, Facebook, internet news sites, printed press or even a knowing post by Bozza. You can't because the club haven't used the media to make that claim - it is a lie.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No you're not, but what you are doing is making a statement that appears to be fundamentally untrue. Quite rightly someone has asked you to back up your statement and you fuddle, squirm and try an accuse the person challenging you to prove it of being obtuse. The only person being obtuse is you.

So YOU have claimed the club have used the media to claim £10m is the required amount. So prove it - you can use Twitter, Facebook, internet news sites, printed press or even a knowing post by Bozza. You can't because the club haven't used the media to make that claim - it is a lie.

It is not a lie. I said straight away nobody can find a quote. Check above if you don't believe me.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Do you not understand that when bids come in players have a tendency to get unsettled, and if they're under contract chairman can get pissed off? Therefore, if chairmen don't want bids they make it known that players are not for sale. But what you definitely don't want is derisory bids being submitted on a regular basis.

How do you know TB hasn't said that ?

We havent leaked these offers, so maybe Leicester are trying unsettle Ulloa by making it public

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leicester are well out of order here. If Ulloa gets pissed off at Bloom for rejecting Leicester's offers he could hand in a transfer request, and if that happens while we're managerless and at our weakest that could **** up our ability to recruit a decent replacement for Oscar.

Scumbag club - if you want the player then pay the going rate, or are the Prem riches not enough for you?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All the usual deluded suspects on here. Hi Glasfryn et al.

Still, carry on in your usual rose-tinted 'nobody ever uses the press' and 'Leicester are doing nothing wrong' worlds.

To quote Simster "Bless. :lolol:"

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Leicester are well out of order here. If Ulloa gets pissed off at Bloom for rejecting Leicester's offers he could hand in a transfer request, and if that happens while we're managerless and at our weakest that could **** up our ability to recruit a decent replacement for Oscar.

Scumbag club - if you want the player then pay the going rate, or are the Prem riches not enough for you?

It would be great if another Club just handed over £10m but I think we'd be lucky to see half that for Ulloa. There isn't an imminent transfer deadline and Ulloa was hardly in peak form in the play offs to prompt a bidding war so this could well drift on for a while. Unless as you suggest TB may tell them get on their bike if they cannot make a more realistic offer. Ulloa has established a reputation in the Championship and has scored against PL clubs so clearly isn't a muppet either.

In recent years you also have to consider what role the player's agent may or may not have played in this process. Is Ulloa being touted around other clubs as a genuine ploy to obtain a transfer - or is this ploy to get a better deal out of us while we have some money?

Finally I would be concerned whether the player's head has been turned by all this speculation. Especially now it is the close season, players are on their hols or in Ulloa's case presumably he will spend some time in his native country and therefore the Club may have less day to day influence over who he might be talking to. Will he return for pre-season training with his head elsewhere?

I think back to the Bridcutt situation. At what point did Poyet turn Liam's head? Were the seeds planted inside Liam's head before Poyet's exit? OK he had an injury early last season but all the transfer talk seemed to distract him, when fit he wasn't selected to play or was below par when he did. In the end all parties accepted that he had to go. I'm not sure we got the sort of fee we might have if Liam had been on really top form. I still wouldn't be surprised if Leicester get gazumped by Sunderland over Ulloa?

I know it is annoying to see a player we have taken a punt on, do well and then get snapped up by a club with a bigger budget but ultimately we should take the money and get on with sorting out our own squad.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All the usual deluded suspects on here. Hi Glasfryn et al.

Still, carry on in your usual rose-tinted 'nobody ever uses the press' and 'Leicester are doing nothing wrong' worlds.

To quote Simster "Bless. :lolol:"

Nobody has said that. Of course the Albion use the press but most normal intelligent human beings are then able to quote / demonstrate where they have done so.

All you've done is claim something and not been able to back it up ( by your own admission ) - you clearly are slightly deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here