Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
As much as I rate Ulloa and think he's a valuable player, we are taking the piss if we want £10million. £5million with add ons I would happily take.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As much as I rate Ulloa and think he's a valuable player, we are taking the piss if we want £10million. £5million with add ons I would happily take.

As I have already posted in this thread, we turned down 5 mill last August.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I always assumed that the quoted 10 million price was our way of saying "go away," unless you want to offer silly money. Quite correct in my view.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
This forum is full of idiots, why would you sell ulloa when it took us two years to find him in the first place.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

We're not taken the piss at all, it's obvious we don't want to sell so have set a price that will deter clubs.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This forum is full of idiots, why would you sell ulloa when it took us two years to find him in the first place.

At the right price the funds would enable a new manager to bring in the right players to get us promoted. See Charlie Austin at Burnley last season. The challenge is getting the right players....and manager!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We do not need money. We need a team capable of winning promotion. So if we sell Ulloa, we have to replace him. Could we easily replace him for £4m or £5m? I don't think so. I'm glad reports are that the club are asking for £10m ish - it's not that we expect to get it, but it's a realistic look at what we need to do if we sell him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We do not need money. We need a team capable of winning promotion. So if we sell Ulloa, we have to replace him. Could we easily replace him for £4m or £5m? I don't think so. I'm glad reports are that the club are asking for £10m ish - it's not that we expect to get it, but it's a realistic look at what we need to do if we sell him.

£10m or anywhere near that for a 28 (then) year old Championship player of Ulloa's ability, is fanciful. To compare:

Sturridge went for £12m - was and is much younger, had pace to burn, PL experience and an international through all age groups.
Shane Long £7m to Hull - proven PL class and pace.

If TB pulls it off, then that would be remarkable.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
£10m or anywhere near that for a 28 (then) year old Championship player of Ulloa's ability, is fanciful. To compare:

Sturridge went for £12m - was and is much younger, had pace to burn, PL experience and an international through all age groups.

Best comparison would be Austin to moneybags QPR for 4m

Anywhere near 10m would be almost comparable to the 1.5m we got from Celtic for Virgo.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This is a win-win situation! We either mug someone off for an inflated price, or we keep Ulloa. He's worth 5M, but won't go for that :D

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Not a great comparison as Ulloa isn't pacey. Neither Sturridge nor Long can attack the ball in the air like Ulloa or defend set pieces as effectively as him. He's also played at the top level in Spain. As per a previous post I will offer up Gayle of Palace, not even Championship proven for £5m and some of the French donkey's Arsenal have bought over the years...... Chamakh (£14m)

Whilst I think £10m is over the top, if we can get it why not? However, that does leave us in the unenviable position of trying to replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here