Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lego

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My oldest has that, and the 'shrieking shack' plus various other smaller Lego HP sets, which he's outgrown. I should put them on ebay for him, but I can't be arsed. Anyone want to buy them? :thumbsup:

Very possibly, yes. Can you confirm the model number (4842?), that it is still boxed and, most importantly, that there are no missing pieces!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I wish I had still had all the Lego Technic stuff I had when I was young - had the tractor and also a forklift plus the motor accessory. Love 'helping' my son with any Lego he gets given :D :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I somehow got talked into buying the kids Lego advent calendars this year at about £30 a pop. I am excited though hehe
I've seen these in Waterstones. What sort of Lego is in them? Ot do you just get about 10 crappy men and nothing else?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
4d5993e633ccfa08777297595df0c452.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've seen these in Waterstones. What sort of Lego is in them? Ot do you just get about 10 crappy men and nothing else?

No, they're OK. £30 is a bit over the top - I think you can get them for under £20 if you shop around. We got the girly Friends one for our 10yo and a Duplo one for the little lad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once stayed in a hotel which had Lego in the mini-bar. Cool.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If it's anything like last year's that we purchased for Bobkin Jnr, you get a load of figures and Christmas-themed bits, which all go together as a scene.

Great that the kids get a new bit of lego to build every day, but around new year, it all got stuck in a box, never to be seen again.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
See I'd much rather get a ton of lego and toys for Christmas than all of the boring grown up shit I get nowadays.

i might put that camper on my list...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
See I'd much rather get a ton of lego and toys for Christmas than all of the boring grown up shit I get nowadays.

i might put that camper on my list...

I'd rather have a real camper van, but I guess they're a little more expensive.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have an 8 week old granddaughter. My wife and i agreed last weekend that we can't wait for her to be old enough to buy her Lego - not this Duplo stuff, but the real thing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd rather have a real camper van, but I guess they're a little more expensive.

Indeed - I still yearn after a split screen camper, ideally a Samba with safari windows. £20-£30k for anything half decent however...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't want to pollute @Easy 10's model-building thread so I'll start a new one.

Isn't Lego just completely blinking brilliant?

I'm really tempted to add this 1332 piece bad boy to my own Christmas list as I just fit in the 16+ age group. #BigKid

lego-Volkswagen-T1-Camper-Van-box-493x449.jpg

I have this and it is tremendous :thumbsup: It takes a good few hours to build and I managed to resist the temptation to do it all in one go.

I also have:

VW+Beetle+Lego+Classic+_1.jpg

#BigLegoFan

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I am now tempted to get my old lego out of the attic. I was never one for the sets though. Probably because I had a big tub of lego from miss matched sets of lego that was passed down from brothers and sisters. I also like to make houses and now I think back, I made some pretty good ones.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I used to/still LOVE Lego.

But Im more a DUPLO man now.......

What?

On a serious note when went to Copenhagen a couple of yrs ago with a couple of NSCs finest I was disappointed at the LACK of Lego PRESENCE in the country of its birth. Maybe they have just had enough of it. You get more variety in the Lego shop in Ch Sq Brighton....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here