Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
welcome to last year!

and because mawhinney has made cock up after cock up after cock up. none of that matters now in terms of leeds in the league, golden shares, cvas or the arbitration.

hearing not until wednesday according to bbc

Leeds poised to learn points fate

The independent tribunal to consider Leeds' 15-point deduction is set to start on Wednesday.

Leeds were docked the points by the Football League for allegedly breaking competition rules on insolvency.

But the club denied any wrongdoing and agreed to the independent arbitration hearing after initially serving the League with a High Court writ.

A three-man panel reviewing the penalty is expected to make their ruling before Leeds' trip to Millwall on 19 April.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
plenty.

the advice given to the fl rep at the originial cva mostly and other stuff but i am sure mr bates will blow it all open in our next home programme notes post arbitration, unless of course mawhinney makes a deal with the club over points.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Never mind all the legal mumbo jumbo, just deduct a few more points, enough to keep them down this season. Next season they can win the title or whatever.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
plenty.

the advice given to the fl rep at the originial cva mostly and other stuff but i am sure mr bates will blow it all open in our next home programme notes post arbitration, unless of course mawhinney makes a deal with the club over points.

He won't back down to that!!!! if you get any points back most of that lot will be sacked or walk anyway

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i dont doubt the sacking/walking.

but i do know that he (the fl) dropped a big ole bollock with the cva last summer and has tried and tried to wriggle out of it, unfortunately for him he had no wriggle room and it is a pivotal part of the case given what has happened since with the fl votes on cva at other clubs in administration.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
plenty.

Apparently I made it into Mr Bates's prog notes this week, Starry please could you possibly enlighten me as to what he said?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stuff it, we're not making the playoffs now anyway.
Give them their f***ing points back - then withdraw the Golden Share for next season.

Job done. Everyones a winner.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Apparently I made it into Mr Bates's prog notes this week, Starry please could you possibly enlighten me as to what he said?

it was about that misinformed story you printed the other week which everyone pulled apart on here. he will be coming after you for a printed apology i believe.

he had the mail apologise last week, the guardian this week. next week you! ;)

Guardian apologises to Leeds United football club

Posted by Paul McNally on 14 April 2008 at 04:40
Tags: Journalism

The Guardian has apologised to Leeds United football club about a story it printed on 4 April, which wrongly suggested that the reason why the club was docked 15 points at the start of the season was because it had broken insolvency regulations.

“This is untrue,” the paper said in its corrections column on Saturday. “We accept that there were no breaches of such regulations in connection with the 15-point deduction that was made at the start of the season. We apologise to Leeds United for any embarrassment caused.”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree with that put the club totally out of business and let us go up next year

I'm not fussed about us going up as a result of any measures taken against Leeds.

But I would like to see Leeds PROPERLY punished for the way that club has conducted itself. So far they've got off practically scot-free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here