Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds vs Brighton - the Thread

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
garry nelsons left foot said:
Surely whichever thread is nearest the top of the board when the game starts will be the thread to use?

I try avoid posting on anything started by Perseus as he is against Falmer and therefore I am against him.

Feel free to make your own choice :) :) :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BUTTERBALL said:
Looking forward to listening on SCR today.

With a little bit of trepidation.

Will MM do a Sven and play a team with three forwards who cannot head the ball?

If we lose 0-1 and Healy scores will we call for MM's head? :jester:

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have been misquoted. I have never been against Falmer.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
BHA team is expected to be the same as the Plymouth match, with that Argie Turienzionioneionio on the bench with that new Zestosoezoso whatever bloke holding his hand.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Starry said:
Not sure if you lot get online free radio commentary from a Brighton point of view but here's the link for the Radio Leeds commentary. Obviously from a Leeds perspective but I guess it's better than nothing -

http://play.[url]www.planetfootball.servecast.net/downloads/sky/leeds-live-0405.ram[/url]

Programme starts at 2pm.

Here's to a good game! Looking forward to meeting some of you in the Drysalters tomorrow!

Does that link only work after 2pm? cos at the moment it comes up with an error message saying the link is wrong.

I hope it is cos then I can listen to the commentary as I am out of SCR area today and can't get to the game either

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
perseus said:
With a little bit of trepidation.

Will MM do a Sven and play a team with three forwards who cannot head the ball?

If we lose 0-1 and Healy scores will we call for MM's head?

If we lose 5-0 we will not call for his head.

A bold experiment in exciting football and plays to out strengths.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Come on the Albion! If we can get a win today, that'd be incredible, especially with the great run we're having.

:ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oh you fibber! :ohmy:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
perseus said:
I have been misquoted. I have never been against Falmer.

OK then Perseus your chance to put the record straight.

Please confirm for us that you are 100% behind Falmer as the first choice for the new stadium.

We are all waiting, and none of your old waffle.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the two taller players Hammond and Carpenter are essential in the centre of midfield.

The midgets up front are a bit of a disadvantage if we cross the ball from wide right (Carole).

Although the previous post in :jester: it did strike me that when England announced their line up against Northern Ireland that there was nobody to head the ball in from crosses. The same applies to the Albion team against Plymouth.

Only one wing can be played on at a time. So unless we are playing a crappy team, playing two wingers is a bit dodgy unless the wingers can defend.

This means the one of the forwards would inevitably drift wide to pull the defenders out of position and receive the ball in a wide position. So I do not know what the commentators were moaning about about Rooney going wide. Then the midfielders (Gerrard and Lampard) can advance forward. This did not happen with England and it was Gerrard and Lampard who were not doing their job.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If I remember rightly it is Eddie Lewis that caused most problems last season.

So it will be left side with Harding and Lewis that will have to be dealt with. I think we will see Paul Reid over on the right hand side.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Leeds vs Brighton

Any team news yet?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You know it makes sense. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here