Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds verdict may not be until end of season

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what is the difference in what leeds United did, ie liquidate LUFC and create LU07( or 08) and what MK Dons did?

MK Dons in effect took over a club in the league and moved it, LU07(8) took over the old Leeds United and carried on trading.......

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
what is the difference in what leeds United did, ie liquidate LUFC and create LU07( or 08) and what MK Dons did?

MK Dons in effect took over a club in the league and moved it, LU07(8) took over the old Leeds United and carried on trading.......

Different circumstances, MK Dons were in effect a re-branded company but lets not get started on that one..

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
One of the (many) things I don't understand about this is: How you take legal action against Football League rules in the first place? Surely the football league is effectively a private members club who have rules (not laws) on membership. If you break the rules of the club you can be punished by/expelled from the club.

And as heads of the club, why can't the FL just make up new rules if they want? What's it got to do with the law anyway? It can't be illegal to deduct points surely, cos points are an abstract concept, not a real thing?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can the FL actually expel a team this late in the season?

Papa

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Does anyone know what the current league table looks like assuming the tribunal result is to expel Leeds from the football league?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Excellent question Titanic.

I would say that based upon the actual FL rules and part of Leeds' defence is that the arbitrary 15 point deduction was wrong becuase there was nothing in the"rulebook" then I would say the only response the FL could have taken that was clearly stated within there own rules (if you accept that Leeds situation was not exceptional circumstances) was expulsion from the FL.

If this is so, why the hell are Leeds appealing what on the face of it was a generous concession by the FL ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

*Takes bait* Oh come on Dave there's a WORLD of difference. MK Dons didn't leave a trail of creditors in their wake for starters. The real question is what's the difference between what Leeds did and what Bradford City, Leicester, etc did. The answer - none at all. MK Dons simply 'did an Arsenal' and moved location.

A question for another thread though: who's guilty of the bigger 'crime against football?' Leeds Utd or MK Dons?

Didn't MK Dons simply carry on trading as if it was Wimbledon-including taking on all previous financial considerations? Whereas I think LU07 created a brand new trading company as a way of ignoring and wiping out over £30 million in debts.

Just a little different. But you knew that!

The FL has one obvious and simple solution-cancel the agreement made with LU07 prior to the start of the season and tell them to f*** off to level 1 of the pyramid, declare all results against LU07 void, remove all points gained against them and then remove any last trace of them.

Let them start again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here