Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Arsenal

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
THRIKER!

Call me Claire Voyant, but I reckon that'll just about do it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I'm sure we would have had a booking for continuing after the offside was given, they seem to get away with it

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I really think Leeds did themselves proud over the two games even if they were comprehensively outplayed tonight. I just wonder how much harm the energy and emotion expended will do to their promotion challenge? A touch of deja vu perhaps?

I really think Leeds did themselves proud over the two games even if they were comprehensively outplayed tonight. I just wonder how much harm the energy and emotion expended will do to their promotion challenge? A touch of deja vu perhaps?

After last season, where I recall one player in particular was 'rotten with it' trying to get attention for other clubs to bid for him, they might well get this ended cup skirmish to push them onward and upwards. My money would be on that, even though I think they're in a bit of a false position for their abilities. Still that illustrates how close to our league, is the standard in the Championship

I didn't watch the match last night, but was absolutely flabbergasted listening to the 5live discussion after the game. First of all Lawro, completely seriously, started going on about what a good job Bates had done at Leeds in his six years (what, like screwing creditors for money, obscuring the ownership of the club to allow him to buy it out of administration, relegating them, etc.?). Then Pougatch starts going on about how they have survived the 'dark, dark days'. They were only in League One, it's not like they went sodding bust!

The lack of perspective from these guys, who are supposedly 'football people', is absolutely astounding.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
For the ideal result they would both of lost as I hate both teams equally ... however the Arse were slightly better overall even though Leeds scored the best goal of the night. Don't start me on Fibreglass as he needs to 'man up' instead of falling over his shoelaces all the time - he's a talented but powder puff player who needs to stop bleating to Refs every time someone takes the ball off him. Sorry - rant over !

BB

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Shocked to read that Bates has banned the Guardian from the club as he didn't like them asking questions about the club's ownership. The Guardian covered them from TV which was bottling it a bit. They should have ignored them entirely and put the result as A Yorkshire Club 1 - Arsenal 3. Poor show from the Grauny - but then, I suppose they have plenty of Arse followers to placate, they must be the epitome of a Guardian reader's football team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here