Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was a wreck in the second half as I was just waiting for the ‘inevitable’ equaliser, which fortunately didn’t come.
Having said that, Elland Road is usually a happy hunting ground for the Albion.

I still don’t think Potter is right for us but happy to be proved wrong.

You will be, suck it up :wink:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Maupay has just said on radio that he thought it was a pen when he went down in the box. He said to ref that his heel was kicked, that's why he went down. The ref said he went down too slow.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
People who in the wake of a brilliant win spend their time obsessively cutting and pasting comments on the Internet are joyless nerds I’m afraid, sorry bout that

Is there absolutely no joy in your life these days, WTF has happened to you since Withdean?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
There it is, a win. We played well. I had a feeling they were going to nick a draw, but we showed some Steel. I think I am going to have a happy week now. Well done Graham Potter.
Better tonight if Frank can convince his millionaires to put in a performance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

People who in the wake of a brilliant win spend their time obsessively cutting and pasting comments on the Internet are joyless nerds I’m afraid, sorry bout that

You reap what you sow ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah for £900k Veltman's proven to be a fantasic signing. He doesn't always gets the credit he deserves, he's been solid in every game he's played imo, Obviously playing at RWB it's not his ideal position but he always does a good job and rarely makes any mistakes.

Think today was is best game.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought we did really well across the park today - well deserved and long overdue 3 points. Yep did well, just not quite as well as Crawley did against them!

Is there absolutely no joy in your life these days, WTF has happened to you since Withdean?

No joy, in my entire life? :lol: I do sometimes wonder if you ever read back your posts before hitting send

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Adam Virgo sounding balanced and sensible on Radio Sussex. There is I've noticed a polarised view of "out or in" for Potter. Being middle of the road of saying "in" but have to improve xyz is not "having a pop". Equally if others like Harty think he should go, then fair enough. I'm an "in" but xyz have to be addressed. Still a review needed now after 2 more games (it was 5 previously). Good result today but let's not go overboard, just like nobody should get too excited by one loss. The problems are clear, so let's see how it goes in sorting them out. Good start today and much needed. I think he was close to the sack before the equalizer the other week (shef u I think). That is not anti Potter but objective thought. I like Potter, well I like his midfield. But it is a results business. Yes enjoy the win but well, the table is the but. Let's hope Fulham lose a few games as that will help.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I assumed it was 1-1 for 15 minutes because of these comments coinciding with switching the radio on and Adam Virgo was telling us how defensive errors had cost us so many points this season. :)

After a half season of trying everything from listening to comentary, watching dodgy streams, following the match on here etc etc. I've found a winning formular, listened to the first half till we scored then switched the radio off and followed the rest of the game on here but by reading the thread from the beginning ? Only found out the full time result at 5-15. This is my system now until safe in the league ( or not maybe ! )

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
My random thoughts.
14 Men of the Match all playing in blue.
Ali Mac was brilliant, best game ever for White, Webster was superb, Sanchez totally confident, Dunk was amazing, Potter completely out thought Bielsa.
No mention of VAR today.
We still have Lamptey, Welbeck, Lallana, Moder, Caceido up our sleeve.

Today is a great day for Albion fans.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Maupay has just said on radio that he thought it was a pen when he went down in the box. He said to ref that his heel was kicked, that's why he went down. The ref said he went down too slow.

Yeah, did not show it from a good angle on Sky.
Thought the camera work was generally pretty sh*t today. Kept on having close up shots of players when the game was going on.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Leeds must hate us Southerners, Crawley last week and now the boys in blue and white

The week Leeds United lost to two Sussex teams :lolol:

Bet they wouldn’t have predicted that when we used to play them at Withdean.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just had a peak on the Leeds forum. They are not happy.

First few pages full of cocky comments about how they are going to win.
They are not fans of Maupay, then he scores. Brilliant.
By the end, they are moaning about their poor squad and that they may be dragged into relegation zone.

Great stuff. Also where has Shite-hawk come from, their nickname for us? Whitehawk have never beaten them have they?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No joy, in my entire life? :lol: I do sometimes wonder if you ever read back your posts before hitting send

Just to be clear I am talking about football and where did I say entire? I should be the curmudgeon not you :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here