Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds to sue for Tevezgate...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
From BBC Sport:

The Blades' relegation saw Leeds miss out on add-ons from the transfers of Rob Hulse, Matthew Kilgallon and Ian Bennett to Bramall Lane.

Fll story here

[edit] - the title should read Leeds to possibly sue for Tevezgate :angel:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
With all these clubs/players/managers piling in, I'm really surprised we haven't yet what with the FA Cup game that year. Havind said that, anything that stops us being mentioned at the same time as Neil Warnock and Leeds must be a good thing.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I'm sure this has been covered many times already but why didn't/don't we sue for the FA Cup money after they fielded and ineligible player?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
OMG - there is no depth to how low they will stoop is there?

I guess if it was us we would almost certainly want to consider it, but from a club that has already escaped without having to pay lots of other companies, they would be well advised to leave it alone.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I've Asked The Club about it, will be interested to hear the response. On one hand I'd quite like everyone to leave it now, but on the other if Leeds are having a go then surely we have a much more valid claim than them, having actually played West Ham that season?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Question; isn't the new Leeds an entirely different entity to the Leeds that went into administration? Would they have any claim at all?

Or will they be donating the money to the creditors of the old Leeds that are still out-of-pocket?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Question; isn't the new Leeds an entirely different entity to the Leeds that went into administration? Would they have any claim at all?

Or will they be donating the money to the creditors of the old Leeds that are still out-of-pocket?

yes they do have a claim - Was confirmed by Starry on here not long ago. All Leeds assets got transfered to the new company. Its only their lossess that they got rid of.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
yes they do have a claim - Was confirmed by Starry on here not long ago. All Leeds assets got transfered to the new company. Its only their lossess that they got rid of.

Fair enough :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Only scummy Leeds could find a way to do that and then have the audacity to consider seeking compensation for wrong doings. What a f***ing shit, slimy club it is.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Only scummy Leeds could find a way to do that and then have the audacity to consider seeking compensation for wrong doings. What a f***ing shit, slimy club it is.

Indeed, makes you sick. They have absolutely no shame.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
From a quick look around bbc.com, I see Bates has busy elsewhere today, in fact:

-------------------

A man jailed for murdering a woman in 1979 has had his conviction quashed at the Court of Appeal after spending 27 years in prison.

Sean Hodgson was jailed for killing Teresa De Simone, 22, who was found strangled in her car in Southampton in December 1979.

Tests prove DNA from the scene was not his and police have reopened the case. Ken Bates, Chairman of Leeds Utd, has already indicated the club will be taking legal action following the announcement.

“We played Southampton that year and drew 0-0, so I will be suing Hampshire Police for £45m.

“Clearly had Mr Hodgson been able to attend the game, he would have possibly bought a burger, cup of tea and matchday programme. It’s also not beyond the realms of possibility that he would have stuck a quid or two on at the bookies.

“This represents up to £2.10 of income that caterers, programme printers and others might have gained – and that we could have subsequently shamelessly raped them for."

-------------------

UK unemployment has risen above two million for the first time since 1997, official figures have shown.

During the three months to January, the number of people unemployed totalled 2.03 million, up by 165,000, said the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

Around three quarters of these redundancies were caused by Leeds Utd relaunching itself 17 times in the past 8 weeks, each time shredding any invoices it had received from suppliers. 176 companies have consequently gone bust.

"Leeds Utd? Never heard of them" claimed chairman Ken Bates when we contacted him. "This is Leeds UTd. You must have a wrong number. And if you're chasing up a bill it's not Leeds UTd anymore either, so swivel on it."

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Well there you go then. It just goes to show that you cannot be to careful.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Getting a bit ridiculous. If anyone else piles in I will go to small claims over my train fair and match ticket to the FA Cup match the other year!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
If it was a small well-run lower-league club you could have some sympathy, but Leeds?!? They quite happily shat on the smaller creditors after they went into administration and now have the audaciuty to jump on the 'Ooh look how we suffered because of the Tevez affair, please give us some money' bandwagon.

Frankly this whole shabby saga would have been avoided had the Premier League got the balls to give West Ham a proper penalty fitting to the crime they committed, but it doesn't make all this bandwagon-jumping any less grubby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here