Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds to get 5 point back

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Leads simply can't get any points back after not appealing at the begining of the season and then suddenly want points back becaue they know there not going up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Leads simply can't get any points back after not appealing at the begining of the season and then suddenly want points back becaue they know there not going up.

They did appeal at the start of the season, we are now seeing the end of the long process.

Remember the meeting of all the league Chairmen in London in August ? that was the start of the appeal process.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How is that different to, say Bristol City in 1982 or Middlesbrough or Charlton?

None of them were thrown out of the league.

Did Middlesboro, Charlto or Bristol city cheat their way through the 10 point deduction....?
Did 3Middlesboro, Charlton or Bristol City DELIBERATELY defraud the Inland Revenue, its creditors and the St. Johns Ambulance through its web of off-shore companies....?
Did Middlesboro, Charlton or Bristol City have an EGM, where it put its voting members under extreme DURESS to agree to the crooks "New owners", despite there being 4 other credible purchasers....?
NO.........they didn,t.
Leeds are unique...........and should be treated uniquely..........take the 15 point deduction..........or f*** off to never never land.....!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Did Middlesboro, Charlto or Bristol city cheat their way through the 10 point deduction....?
Did 3Middlesboro, Charlton or Bristol City DELIBERATELY defraud the Inland Revenue, its creditors and the St. Johns Ambulance through its web of off-shore companies....?
Did Middlesboro, Charlton or Bristol City have an EGM, where it put its voting members under extreme DURESS to agree to the crooks "New owners", despite there being 4 other credible purchasers....?
NO.........they didn,t.
Leeds are unique...........and should be treated uniquely..........take the 15 point deduction..........or f*** off to never never land.....!

Thank you for the case for the prosecution :D, you may now sit down.

If you can prove any of that, I'd get yourself along to the arbitration panel then we'd all be happy.

In all seriousness was the 15 pts deduction actually for the non CVA or things going a bit pear shaped during administration. The FL ruling on the matter (I've only seen quotes) seems unsurprisingly vague.

Not I'm not having a laugh.

Football League rules state all 'football creditors' have to be paid in full if a club is to come out of administration and play in the League

In the big scheme of things that's a very important ruling and is primarily why we are in this situation.

It's something to think about when clubs are criticised for not paying St Johns Ambulance isn't it ?

Boston were thrown out the league for not being able to do so.

Do you think that this 'preferential treatment' of football creditors is a good thing - it hardly encourages the FL and member clubs to get their financial affairs in order? Why should a player or another football club be treated differently to the St John's Ambulance, HMRC, me or any other creditor?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ban him. Threatening behaviour.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Whatever happens, Leeds are so shit on the pitch they'll bugger up the play-offs anyway. By the time the points are bought back, they'll be too far off 6th place for it to make any difference :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do you think that this 'preferential treatment' of football creditors is a good thing - it hardly encourages the FL and member clubs to get their financial affairs in order? Why should a player or another football club be treated differently to the St John's Ambulance, HMRC, me or any other creditor?

Well I'm not a financial expert :D, can hardly manage my own.

No - looks bloody stupid now doesn't it.

Means (in effect) the cleaner gets nothing, but the ex-goalkeeper gets everything.

It is unique apparently and something the Revenue are often in court over.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
I know we're scum but im proud of it.

We're Leeds United, we'll kick your f***ing heads in! :clap2:

Awww aint he sweet, trying to act the big man 'cos he supports leeds:lol:
Reminds me of all the little inbreds in the stand next to us at Elland Road!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I know we're scum but im proud of it.

We're Leeds United, we'll kick your f***ing heads in! :clap2:

That would be bloody fantastic. MASSIVE crowd violence = no 15 points back PLUS another 3-5 points for the violence. Be my guest, i've paid a few mugs in Leeds a years salary (£5.99) to dress up as Brighton fans for you to get stuck into.
Show 'em how hard you are yeah? They will be shaking in their boots i'm sure. :salute:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Get him with your knitting needles.:D

I've never understood the banning on here, personally I'd just ban people I don't like or look a bit strange.

Half of them would go then, eh? :lolol:

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Get him with your knitting needles.:D

I've never understood the banning on here, personally I'd just ban people I don't like or look a bit strange.

No dont ban him, he is getting along so well.
He can now spell properly!
Keep working hard deductions:jester:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thank you for the case for the prosecution :D, you may now sit down.

If you can prove any of that, I'd get yourself along to the arbitration panel then we'd all be happy.

In all seriousness was the 15 pts deduction actually for the non CVA or things going a bit pear shaped during administration. The FL ruling on the matter (I've only seen quotes) seems unsurprisingly vague.

Whatever the FL ruling says, what it was really about, was the fact that Leeds United were a well established club..(granted, living on stolen money) who had a large fan-base, a decent club history, and no-one really wanted to deprive them of a football league club because of poor leadership (the £117 million pound overdraft lot) and the fact that they are now owned by a scummy crook and bully. a compromise was reached, bearing in mind their flagrant abuse of the 10 point penalty rule. In hindsight, a shocking decision. Not withstanding this, their scummy crook of a Chairman has now renegaed on this "compromise".......aided and abetted by the less than intelligent Leeds fans, and in particular, by people, who now cant see the woods for the trees, and claim to have been treated unjustly, to the extent, that they are now heavily involved in the legal proceedings........sorry..........I meant legal shennanagins.Shame on them all.
Boston however.................f*** ,em...........who cares about Boston....? They,re just a small club.
I,ve said this before..............ALL the Football League Clubs (except Leeds of course) should have banded together at the outset of this appeal by Leeds. Now, is too late. We should all be asking our clubs Boards.........."what did you do it about it when leeds appealed...?". Or, did they just stick their heads up their arse and think........"I don,t care.......there,s only a 1 in 24 chance it,ll affect our club at the end of the season".

Oh...........and by the way..........go on the leeds "waccoe" board...........you,ll realise that Deductions is one of the more intelligent and reasonable Leeds fans......LOL...!

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
ALL the Football League Clubs (except Leeds of course) should have banded together at the outset of this appeal by Leeds. Now, is too late. We should all be asking our clubs Boards.........."what did you do it about it when leeds appealed...?". Or, did they just stick their heads up their arse and think........"I don,t care.......there,s only a 1 in 24 chance it,ll affect our club at the end of the season".

They did, the vote in August was in response to the appeal. After which time it was out of their hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here