Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds to get 5 point back

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Personally, I'd be embarrassed and ashamed if DK and the Albion conducted themselves like Bates and Leeds. I certainly wouldn't be able to wear the stripes with much pride any more.

I feel the same way but there are some fans who think that any chairman with money is a good thing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I feel the same way but there are some fans who think that any chairman with money is a good thing.

I'm confused. This doesn't have anything to with a chairman with money does it?

It's to do with a chairman who is able to find the smallest loophole in rules and procedures and exploit them for maximum gain.

I'm confused. This doesn't have anything to with a chairman with money does it?

It's to do with a chairman who is able to find the smallest loophole in rules and procedures and exploit them for maximum gain.

I think Yorkies point is that there are a fair percentage of fans of all clubs that are quite willing to look beyond the character of a potential chairman as soon as he flashes a bit of cash in their direction.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I think a few supporters wouldn,t worry if we had a crook running the club........provided he cared about the club. I wouldn,t want one for sure, but I hope that NONE of us would have the audacity and bare-faced cheek, to go on another clubs messageboard, to solicit understanding and support for their utterly selfish, morally indefensive, and corrupt reasons.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ignoring the legal wranglings, this is a club who dumped their debt. Then carried on trading and secured new players because they were free to do so because they did not honour their debts.

This has put them at an advantage in Div One and as Bozza says, if they do go up, will continue to be an advantage in the championship.

It stinks any way you look at it.
This is exactly what Leicester did when they got relegated from the Premier into the old League 1. Went straight back up IIRC . Thats why the FL introduced the 10 points deduction for going into administration , if loopholes have been exploited then it is right that they can impose a higher points deduction. The FL were trying to be gentlemen whereas they should have gone down the expulsion route. Leeds would have then appealed on that basis and might have been allowed to start in League 2 with a no promotion clause.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is exactly what Leicester did when they got relegated from the Premier into the old League 1. Went straight back up IIRC .

That one REALLY irked me at the time (and still does).
Leicester got relegated from the Prem and went into administration. Not only did they get a new stadium for nowt, they also retained the majority of the Premiership squad they had expensively assembled (you know, the one they bankrupted themselves to buy). That team, unsurprisingly, bounced straight back up to the Premiership that season, taking SIX points off us in the process. We ended up FIVE points short of safety, and were relegated.

I had a HEATED conversation with a Leicester fan in a curryhouse on someones stag a couple of years ago. He had EXACTLY the same attitude as some of the Leeds fans have now - basically "its not our fault gov, creditors stitched us up by demanding their money back blah blah". I felt like shoving my sheek kebab up his arse.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here