Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds tickets

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It depends really. It was quite easy to sort out a card for the West Ham match and then I would imagine it is easy to top up (not that I needed to). Once you get over the initial hurdle, then it will be much easier to get tickets. Your card will simply be credited.

I am positive that it won't deter people from going along to a brand new stadium that we have been fighting for. Whether or not, there is a charge for the card is another matter.

I can honestly see no reason or need for a charge if the card is too be used.

I put this Scenario to you -

A team of footballers has a game called off and decide last minute to go to the Brighton game and only half have cards.
Under the card system 5 people wouldnt be able to go and the club loses out on money.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Probably too simplistic, but...... (Falmer) for can't make your mind up to the last minute types.

How about a system where you could send credit card number over the phone or net up to thirty minutes before game. You then receive a 'code number' for number of tickets purchased ie you and your mates. Get to the ground. Code number is checked and you make your way to seats.

example code: 12fgds- A06-0206

12fgds - cryptic code

A06 - Block A Row 6

0206 - Seats 02-06

Should I patent this ??? :D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Probably too simplistic, but...... (Falmer) for can't make your mind up to the last minute types.

How about a system where you could send credit card number over the phone or net up to thirty minutes before game. You then receive a 'code number' for number of tickets purchased ie you and your mates. Get to the ground. Code number is checked and you make your way to seats.

12fgds - cryptic code

A06 - Block A Row 6

0206 - Seats 02-06

Yes yes you should.

whats the meaning of life as well?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is a clause in the planning permission preventing tickets from being sold at the stadium, isn't there?

Think all games are all ticket, mind you a good idea given that cack handed attempt at Withdean with the Youth Cup game and paying on the day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Think all games are all ticket, mind you a good idea given that cack handed attempt at Withdean with the Youth Cup game and paying on the day.

I don't think anyone expected such a turnout! Far too many Chelsea shirts floating about though. It was a very surreal experience and I ended up running across the track to the South Stand to avoid the big crush. :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not really the best example is it?

Did you know that many would turn up?

OK then name another example of pay on the day at Withdean then ?

And why ask me whether I should know how many turned up that is for the club to plan.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
OK then name another example of pay on the day at Withdean then ?

And why ask me whether I should know how many turned up that is for the club to plan.

There isnt, it doesnt mean its a good example does it?

Because you seemed to know that 3000 people where going to turn up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There isnt, it doesnt mean its a good example does it?

Because you seemed to know that 3000 people where going to turn up.

I have never implied I knew that but you now seem to infer I should be responsible in planning how many people turn up for a game to pay on the night which I am not.

Believe it or not the club pay several people a princely sum to organise commercial matters such as this.

12fgds - cryptic code

A06 - Block A Row 6

0206 - Seats 02-06

i Hope you're not gonig to rely on SMS texts for this . Presumably you are expecting the ticket office staff to deal with this.:laugh:

a- bloody slow
b -bloody insecure
c - propably far too sofisticatedfor this club to deal with

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I have never implied I knew that but you now seem to infer I should be responsible in planning how many people turn up for a game to pay on the night which I am not.

Believe it or not the club pay several people a princely sum to organise commercial matters such as this.

Believe it or not 3000 is a hell of a lot of people to watch a youth match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Believe it or not 3000 is a hell of a lot of people to watch a youth match.

Agreed and the club should have had a contingency plan in place for this but didn't (apart from some yellow buckets to collect cash after letting everyone in free).

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I got mine today while I was getting my Bristol Rovers tickets just incase there was a rush.

On a slightly different note, I was a pit peeved at having to pay ANOTHER tenner to re-register for the away membership. They couldn't find my details apparently.

How many games until I get out of the "white"?

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Just out of interest, my mate who regularly watches Brighton and buys tickets in the shop on the day of the game has never been asked any personal details, which probably means hes not on the database. Does that mean he wont be allowed to watch the Leeds match as they dont have his details yet he watches at least 12 home games a season easily enough ? ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just out of interest, my mate who regularly watches Brighton and buys tickets in the shop on the day of the game has never been asked any personal details, which probably means hes not on the database. Does that mean he wont be allowed to watch the Leeds match as they dont have his details yet he watches at least 12 home games a season easily enough ? ???
Does he wear his replica shirt by any chance when he gets a ticket from the club shop ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here