Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds support - best away fans so far

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Loudest fans maybe but if I wanted to have a post match beer with an away fan and a good football chat, I'd choose a scouser every time. Leeds have that arrogance that makes them very irritating... Hate the 'we don't give a f***' song and as for 'you've only come to watch the Leeds'... Haha.. A bit shallow when we were tearing them to shreds in the 2nd half.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Loudest fans maybe but if I wanted to have a post match beer with an away fan and a good football chat, I'd choose a scouser every time. Leeds have that arrogance that makes them very irritating... Hate the 'we don't give a f***' song and as for 'you've only come to watch the Leeds'... Haha.. A bit shallow when we were tearing them to shreds in the 2nd half.

Thought they were the best so far. Also the most obnoxious, you only came to see Leeds chants - although banter, I am sure they actually believe it. Very quiet in the second 'Only sing when you're winning' comes to mind.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fair play,great following for a friday night live on sky.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Leeds have that arrogance that makes them very irritating... as for 'you've only come to watch the Leeds'...

Yeah, it's not like we've got a song that goes "we're f***ing brilliant" is it? It's banter and meant to wind the opposing fans up. They probably have the same percentage of fans who actually believe that as we do. They were true to form in being the first club this season to trot out the usual gay chants though, to that extent anyway (Donny had a go but gave up quickly). Those big Yorkshiremen must be very insecure, bless 'em.

Last edited:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Yep loudest by far, (i thought it was the loudest we'd been too...my ears were rining when i went to bed) Good friendly banter at Falmer station after.

"you've only got one train" :lolol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We were discussing this last night. Unless there is a real quiet moment from the home fans, you cannot hear a thing in the back of the North. You can see that they are singing/clapping/bouncing, but can't hear it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yeah, it's not like we've got a song that goes "we're f***ing brilliant" is it? It's banter and meant to wind the opposing fans up. They probably have the same percentage of fans who actually believe that as we do. They were true to form in being the first club this season to trot out the usual gay chants though, to that extent anyway (Donny had a go but gave up quickly). Those big Yorkshiremen must be very insecure, bless 'em.

Yeh but that 'we're f***ing brilliant' song is an embarrassment a lot of the time too. It was apt the first time it was used but otherwise makes me cringe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, it's not like we've got a song that goes "we're f***ing brilliant" is it? It's banter and meant to wind the opposing fans up. They probably have the same percentage of fans who actually believe that as we do.
Actually, I think they do believe it, and I think they've got a point. Not at the Amex, but generally the home teams in the lower leagues get a bigger home crowd when Leeds play.

gazzaa2

Feb 28, 2009
A lot of those Leeds fans were London-based. Not sure how many had come down from the north.

Leeds have loads of supporters clubs in the south, which is how they usually sell out games like last night. They sang "we support our local team" at Man United fans which was laughable to say the least.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What are you on about? They're the first club this season that hasn't constantly been singing the gay songs!

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Hate the 'we don't give a f***' song and as for 'you've only come to watch the Leeds'... Haha.. A bit shallow when we were tearing them to shreds in the 2nd half.

Those songs are just as arrogant as the 'we're f***king brilliant' one.

Try looking at things from both sides.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lots came down from Leeds but all (almost all) were born and bred in Yorkshire. The "scousers" tho, most of them were born and bred in Crawley

Well if that's the case, then Crawley's gone up a bit in my estimation.

Maybe you should seriously consider relocating to Foooking Yaaarkshire if those cavemen make you feel so warm & gooey? I've heard the Women are born with flat heads so you can stick your pint down on 'em: thus giving them a reason to exist to boot... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Well if that's the case, then Crawley has gone up a bit in my estimation.

Maybe you should seriously consider relocating to Foooking Yarkshire if those cavemen make you feel so warm & gooey? I've heard the Women are born with flat heads so you can stick your pint down on 'em: thus give them a reason to exist... :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, which village do you represent in the idiot competition?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here