Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds Stadium Plans

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/7138469.stm

"Bates wants to build two hotels, a club megastore, a covered shopping arcade, a health club, tourist centre and a Leeds United museum. "

"Bates announced details of a Chelsea Village-style development at Elland Road in Saturday's match programme. "

Now forgive me if I'm missing something here, but aren't Leeds Utd that football club that went into administration with spirraling debts, then shafted their creditors with about 9p in the pound or something ? Exactly how is this wonderful new stadium going to be financed ?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think the clue is in the article.

"two hotels, a club megastore, a covered shopping arcade, a health club,"

They will be able to borrow against the future income of the hotels, shopping arcade and health club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A new company will be set up to build this, and then half way through building it will go into liquidation and the company be sold to Bates for a nominal fee, and he will get the lot built for next to nothing and own it all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Because we're MASSIVE Leeds United and im not talking about our guts either :salute:
You're little tin pot 3rd division Leeds, the 3rd biggest club in Yorkshire.

Actually in all seriousness, you're probably about 18th biggest club in the country, so definietely not massive.

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
And broke can not get credit and got a squirt as a manager and tosser as a chairman,christ all you have to look at is how much debit he got chealsea into with those sort of plans etc,that blokes a joke:nono:

Deductions

Banned
Aug 11, 2007
And broke can not get credit and got a squirt as a manager and tosser as a chairman,christ all you have to look at is how much debit he got chealsea into with those sort of plans etc,that blokes a joke:nono:

P19 W15 D2 L2

Im happy to have a squirt as manager

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I shudder at the thought of having that annoying Southern accent :bla:

did Town play as badly as it was reported on teh telly?

Richie is not the answer

Deductions

Banned
Aug 11, 2007
did Town play as badly as it was reported on teh telly?

Richie is not the answer

You had some chances to get back into the game but yes, you're shit and i hope the wankers who thought it would be funny to spray their stupid little hoolie tag on Billys statue get hit by a bus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here