Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds / Palace Carnage

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Come on, the op has a point. Anyone who thinks there will be no trouble at all with Palace and Leeds to a lesser extent is living in dream land. Surely there is some kind of plan?

Probably not. It's a good thing you and the op are on the ball, hopefully someone in Sussex Constabulary monitors this website and it's not too late to get something in place.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Just my opinion, but.....

Unless something is done to segregate the two sets of fans tomorrow and Tuesday night I feel we could be in for some real trouble.

Tempers flaring last night at the park and ride pick up points due to long waits and a similar situation likely with the wait at Falmer station.

With the majority of Palace fans likely to be using the train option I really hope the club have thought this through.

We have been lucky so far with the opponents that we have faced at the Amex and the general good nature of the associated supporters, tomorrow and Tuesday see's a new challenge and I for one really hope something is in place.

Football fans have moved on since the 70`s and 80`s ,the Police presence will be higher on friday and more so on tuesday in anticipation of a few morons living in a time warp.Any one inciting trouble should and will be banned from all English football grounds for life.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Football fans have moved on since the 70`s and 80`s ,the Police presence will be higher on friday and more so on tuesday in anticipation of a few morons living in a time warp.Any one inciting trouble should and will be banned from all English football grounds for life.

I find myself in agreement with Samej for once :lol:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Presume you wernt at Withdean when Leeds last visited ?

There was quite a bit of trouble in town, and this was with significantly less Leeds fans, all of which were ST holders.

Only a arrogant juvenile would think both Leeds and Palace games will go trouble free without some sort of extra measures in place.

How many times did it "kick off" outside Withdean? Never. It always happens in town if at all.

Out of a crowd of 22,500 you'll find maybe a couple of hundred mindless idiots/"like minded top boys" who want a fight but the likelihood of them fighting in a heavenly policed area such as around the ground/station are slim. Leeds will be fine I expect. Palace maybe a few words for bravado but Carnage.... I doubt it.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Presume you wernt at Withdean when Leeds last visited ?

There was quite a bit of trouble in town, and this was with significantly less Leeds fans, all of which were ST holders.

Only a arrogant juvenile would think both Leeds and Palace games will go trouble free without some sort of extra measures in place.

I've being going since 1973 so have seen my fair share of trouble but its 2011 and i do not think it will be carnage.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I was at the Amex today for a bit of lunch and a look around the shop. There were alot of Police there, not ordinary police but police with proper gear on. The riot cop types. The were discussing stuff and moving about. There is definitely something going down fir the next 2matches. I asked a guy in a yellow vest (parking steward I think), what he thinks the plans are. He reckoned they are gonna keep the away fans in for 20mins after the game, the east would be cleared and anyone wishing to drink after, should use other stands. Then the make a police line from the away enterance down to the station and up to the coach points. Albion and away fans cannot cross to intercept eachother. There will be a line drawn in effect from the away end to the east stand and down to station. They will then seperate fans at the station and get away fans onto certain carriages or trains ( not sure).

This is by no means gospel but it sounds logical to me.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It's worth noting that the last time we played you at The Withdean (the 2-3 game), I left the stadium expecting a barrage of abuse from the Brighton faithful, similar to the game in 2003 (I think?).

The outcome? Absolutely nothing. I walked home in my Palace shirt in peace.

Somehow, I can't see the same this time. 22,000 people who will mostly be crowded into one tiny station isn't going to be pretty. I know the Palace fans will be kept behind "for our own safety" but that will not solve all the problems.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i dont see how keeping away fans behind will do anything...not when you leave the ground at 9:40 and are still waiting for a train at 10:45?

not a moan about the trains by the way, just an observation

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
I don't reckon there'll be any violence against you lot, we did this whole 'will it kick off' stuff with Millwall last year, and it went by without incident. As has been mentioned, talk of a Palace or Brighton firm coming back for this game is way wide of the mark, given that it'll largely be members and ST holders on both sides. People serously overestimate the level of football violence nowadays.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leeds ... no problem at all.

CP ... I'm afraid I think a few Albion fans might cause some sporadic trouble. The way some idiots got all hyped up with anti-scouse hatred against a club with zero bad blood vs the Albion, indicates those of that (low intellligence) ilk will look to be beligerent to violent against the old enemy.
Add drinking & the darkness of an evening game.
Can't see CP fans causing it.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
only palace fans with tickets will be season ticket holders,that will probably hide their scarfs,probably kick off in town with freelancers,from midday onwards,don't think many leeds "boys" will be down on a friday night

I take it you dont know much about Leeds then, for a whole weekend away like this there is a higher chance of the "boys" coming down, as it is mostly families etc that suffer for a Friday night long trip!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just my opinion, but.....

Unless something is done to segregate the two sets of fans tomorrow and Tuesday night I feel we could be in for some real trouble.

Tempers flaring last night at the park and ride pick up points due to long waits and a similar situation likely with the wait at Falmer station.

With the majority of Palace fans likely to be using the train option I really hope the club have thought this through.

We have been lucky so far with the opponents that we have faced at the Amex and the general good nature of the associated supporters, tomorrow and Tuesday see's a new challenge and I for one really hope something is in place.

I really can't see any problems outside the ground after the game. That will be the easiest part of the day for the police to deal with as they can if needed contain the away fans as they have them all in one place. Now before the game throws up all sorta of problems and flash points as does the town centre before during and after both games :drink:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Carnage FFS !!!!
Please behave and stop posting such juvenile crap, there will be no trouble.
The majority of away fans attending these games will be ST holders and will not want any hassle, plus there will ample OB around and the CCTV heavily monitored.

Oh Wiggy, you really are being very naive

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I was at the Amex today for a bit of lunch and a look around the shop. There were alot of Police there, not ordinary police but police with proper gear on. The riot cop types. The were discussing stuff and moving about. There is definitely something going down fir the next 2matches. I asked a guy in a yellow vest (parking steward I think), what he thinks the plans are. He reckoned they are gonna keep the away fans in for 20mins after the game, the east would be cleared and anyone wishing to drink after, should use other stands. Then the make a police line from the away enterance down to the station and up to the coach points. Albion and away fans cannot cross to intercept eachother. There will be a line drawn in effect from the away end to the east stand and down to station. They will then seperate fans at the station and get away fans onto certain carriages or trains ( not sure).

This is by no means gospel but it sounds logical to me.

There will be no holding fans back after final whistle (albion or leeds or palace ) this is fact,it will cause more problems then solving them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There will be no holding fans back after final whistle (albion or leeds or palace ) this is fact,it will cause more problems then solving them.

And you are?

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here