Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds of the bottom

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
what odds are leeds for the title now?

Im just gutted I didnt stick a ton on them back in july...they must have been 60/1

i got on at 33/1 just to make the season a bit more interesting.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
tres and beckford are really doing the business.

good game last night.
Thought you were lucky to be ahead in the first half and punished Rovers for a couple of mistakes but didn't create an awful lot more.

It was a good game though, a lot better than the game at the Priestfield.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fair play to Leeds, they are beating everything in sight at present. And at least their fans have taken the deduction on the chin, can you imagine the BINFEST that would have occured if a club from SelfPity City was treated in the same manner?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Fair play to Leeds, they are beating everything in sight at present. And at least their fans have taken the deduction on the chin, can you imagine the BINFEST that would have occured if a club from SelfPity City was treated in the same manner?

"At least their fans have taken the deduction on the chin"..? Did you ever go on the Waccoe messageboard at the time...?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Thought you were lucky to be ahead in the first half and punished Rovers for a couple of mistakes but didn't create an awful lot more.

sounds about right to me. thought rovers looked like a decent side. punishing teams for mistakes is new to us, we haven't had two fast strikers who know where the net is for a long time.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
sounds about right to me. thought rovers looked like a decent side. punishing teams for mistakes is new to us, we haven't had two fast strikers who know where the net is for a long time.

Rovers did look good, certainly a lot better than either us or the Gills (admittedly just based on this weekend's games).

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Even with -15, I went to Ladbrokes the following day & we were still 6/1. I managed to go to another and got 16's when we were -12. Will pay for my ST there next year if we win it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I saw the thread title 'Leeds of the bottom' and I wondered why Algie was starting a gay thread !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spend spend spend, then go into administration and stiff all the creditors, then come out the other side and make some more than useful signings, then tear up the division and its like the debt was never there. A genius tactic pioneered by the likes of Leicester City (who also got a new cut-price stadium out of the deal). Its definately the way forward, clearly.

\"Fair play\" to Leeds indeed.

Yes, if an honest hard-working club like Brighton and Hove Albion had been 'treated in this manner', I'm sure there would have been much remonstrating.

Not so much for a dodgy underhand lot who are slippery to avoid paying honest debts and will weedle through with a car-salesman-type chairman, because then we'd probably be thanking our lucky stars that we remained in the league at all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It wouldn't have been beyond KB to aim for relegation when he realised that they were not going to make the Prem. They blew their chance in the play offs and then found the going tough. Certainly provided a perfect opportunity to push the club into administration.

Meanwhile, he was able to clear the debts, sign a whole new squad on 'undisclosed fees' and get the team winning. Attract the fans back and then have a much more saleable asset. Even a 15 point deduction, that was obviously not in the plan, has been a minor inconvenience. In fact, it may have worked in their favour. It certainly brought the board and the fans closer together.

You have to give credit to KB - He has played it perfectly and will end up quids in.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
quite BoF. he was one step ahead and played everyone exactly as he wanted, the fl fell into his hands. i often wonder now what would have happened had they not blinked first and given in.

i am still waiting for my cheque from the old sod, mind.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I put £100 on at 9/2.....not a bad return if it comes in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here