Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds [Merged]

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
e77 said:
The leg room in the away bit is atrocious! Being six feet three and practically had my knees in my armpits.

Stand up then. Like everyone else.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Starry said:
Stand up then. Like everyone else.

It was just after the League launched that campaign against people standing so I would have probably been frog marched out of the ground and left to fend for myself in South Yorkshire.

To be fair it was better than Luton where I seriously couldn't have sat down if they had tried to make me.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
e77 said:
It was just after the League launched that campaign against people standing so I would have probably been frog marched out of the ground and left to fend for myself in South Yorkshire.

West Yorks! ;)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Re: Leeds

Adriodinho said:
2-0 down to Leic!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap:

As amusing as discussing Leeds is, i'd rather know your excuse for not going to the game!

It was £10 and you're 17 with no responsibilities! So....why not?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hate Ken Bates. By rights, Chelsea should have been left right in the shit thanks to his incompetence. But then a Russian crook bailed him out. :( Luckily he's moved onto another club equally dislikable, and it seems he won't be so lucky this time. He's making a mess of Leeds by the looks of things. Look at their gates these days. 18,000! arf arf.

We'd probably get more than that if we had a proper ground!

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Its is flipping dreadful. I can't even face going to Elland Road anymore. Least I'll have a trip to the Withdean again next season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Re: Leeds

Temporary Slim Bars said:
As amusing as discussing Leeds is, i'd rather know your excuse for not going to the game!

It was £10 and you're 17 with no responsibilities! So....why not?

I think he is/was apparently banned from attending Albion games for a while by his mother after some kind of incident at his college (he hit someone, I seem to remember him saying).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Leeds

Alex Frutos said:
I think he is/was apparently banned from attending Albion games for a while by his mother after some kind of incident at his college (he hit someone, I seem to remember him saying).
Is that true?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Leeds

Les Biehn said:
Is that true?

I'm sure that's what he said (of course, him saying it doesn't guarantee that it's true), but I guess only he can tell you if it's accurate.

I seem to remember a comment from him in the Boston Match Thread last night that said ban was originally to last until December, but has now been changed to November.

His signature, the last time I saw it, said that 'I WILL NOT POST AGAIN UNTIL I ATTEND ANOTHER ALBION GAME', or words to that effect, at least (although on another checking, said signature now seems to have been mysteriously removed).

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
robbied69 said:
Its is flipping dreadful. I can't even face going to Elland Road anymore. Least I'll have a trip to the Withdean again next season.

Leeds can't get relegated two divisions can they?:jester:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Being exiled here in near Leeds, it makes my day hearing that Leeds lost again. It kinda gives me an added spring to my step as I walk into work.

The folks around here are seriously worried. Its not just about defeats, but dressing room disagreements, the lack of money being spent on players, the high cost of tickets.

Hang on a mo, sounds familiar.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes where is the White Rose or whatever he called himself....

Champions of Europe my arse.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
DIFFBROOK said:
...dressing room disagreements...

How many more times...look, these only ever happen under Mark McGhee and no-one else, got that?...:angry:

:jester:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
e77 said:
The leg room in the away bit is atrocious! Being six feet three and practically had my knees in my armpits.

Likewise at Northampton. I discovered at half time that I was unable to sit in the seat I was stood in front of. And I'm a relatively short 6 foot.

At Leeds, I had no trouble sitting, from memory.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So what's up with Leeds this year then? They have pretty much the same team as last year, no? Why have they become so wank now? And are they in realistic danger of relegation?

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
So what's up with Leeds this year then? They have pretty much the same team as last year, no? Why have they become so wank now? And are they in realistic danger of relegation?

According to rumours, there is a massive rift in the dressing room between certain players.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Apparently its mainly between the captain (and his team) vs the rest. Really upset the harmony of the squad. I really expected us to be challenging this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here