Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
AUTOMATIC PROMOTION 2010 thats the least we deserve
You know the old saying
"cheats never prosper"

Up yours Superscum

Why would Gus go to a team that fucks up year after year?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
based on all he has said previously - if he were offered the job in the close season he would probably go.

still can't help hoping that they bottle it and stay in League 1 though

Feb 14, 2010
If e got a better job then we would have to say fair enough. Would be a great shame - an intelligent bloke, with a back bone playing proper football. At last. With Faler we have a chance of seeing off Leeds if they looked at him, but celtic is a worry. west sham job worries me as well

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Leeds are cursed by Ken Bates. No ambitious manager would want to work for him, cos he doesn't back the manager with hard cash. What Bates is about is taking Leeds fans money and pocketing it. With no debts, 25,000 punters paying prem league prices, where do you think the money goes? Certainly not on players...........Soton outbid them.

Poyet wants something on his CV............promotion with Brighton will give him that. Leeds will stifle him.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If e got a better job then we would have to say fair enough. Would be a great shame - an intelligent bloke, with a back bone playing proper football. At last. With Faler we have a chance of seeing off Leeds if they looked at him, but celtic is a worry. west sham job worries me as well

Can't see Celtic being an issue. Poyet (whilst I reckon he would do an awesome job up there) would be a very similar appointment to Mowbray.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I also think Leeds and clubs like them would want a manager who has done something i.e promotio, win something. Poyet has not done that ........yet. I think Leeds would rather go for Coppell, then Poyet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Leeds are cursed by Ken Bates. No ambitious manager would want to work for him, cos he doesn't back the manager with hard cash. What Bates is about is taking Leeds fans money and pocketing it. With no debts, 25,000 punters paying prem league prices, where do you think the money goes? Certainly not on players...........Soton outbid them.

Poyet wants something on his CV............promotion with Brighton will give him that. Leeds will stifle him.

Not sure about that, look at some of the players they have, there wage bill must be massive for this level

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Perhaps the reaction of their bench when they equalised in our game there may put him off a bit. Mind you, I think Grayson will be out if they don't get promotion.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
There's so much promise here at Brighton, this is a good first club for him to manage. Yes the team is coming along nicely and im very happy at that but he wasn't won a trophy as a manager yet.
There will be money to spend in the summer, the new stadium is on its way, every job brings pressure whether that be stay in the division, win the league title, get into the top 10...whatever! The fans are clearly behind him (and me) this is the place where poyet can make his name as a manager...a good first job with a realistic chance of getting promoted next season...
If he was to go which I dont think he will, I feel with Tony Bloom - he will bring in another class manager like poyet!

IN GUS WE TRUST!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here