Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds fans on 606......

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Pathetic its basically them saying:

"we want to relive the glory days of the premiership as easily as possible so we want to pinch another struggling team's exceptionally good manager just to fill our own selfish needs."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
based on all he has said previously - if he were offered the job in the close season he would probably go.

Based on what he has said, such as...

"I am flattered to be linked to the job [Uruguay U21s] but I have signed a contract here at Brighton until the end of next season.

"At the very least I will honour that but I hope to be here much, much longer.

"This is an ambitious club, which is moving in the right direction, and I am enjoying it here. I have the total support of the chairman and directors.

"In many ways it is the perfect situation for a first managerial appointment.

"I feel we can achieve so much. It will take time, but I am committed to bringing success. The new stadium is just over a year away and I want to be leading the team out at Falmer."

Poyet sticks with Seagulls From The Argus)

Yep, them's the words of a man desperate to get away...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why would he want that job? We're on the up. No mistake.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Poyet is like Alan Mullery. First management experience, and will take us to equally great things.

The Leeds fans on the phone-in were far more switched on than this. For them, the problem was Bates, and they know that a change of manager will make no difference. They need a change of chairman and they need a change of ownership. Apparently (and I haven't checked this - I am relying on the guys who phoned in for the accuracy of this statement), they have spent all of £150,000 on signings in the last year - which for a club of Leeds' size and supposed ambitions to get out of this division, and then straight back up to the top division, is ridiculous.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we have to be realistic here. If a big club comes in for GP he will probably go. it's how football works!

We just have to hope that the Bloom/Poyet relationship continues to blossom and that Gus sees that when Falmer is built that we will rise like the phoenix (similar to the late 70s)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here