Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds by train £96

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Anyone know how to get there cheaper by train?

1066gull

right, i found it to be 67 quid if you depart friday evening and arrive in the morning on the saturday about twelve

if you have a discount card, like a young persons rail card, it will be reduced from 67 quid to about £40

but depends how commited you are to the club you would end up waiting hours on platforms for the trains to run again

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's probably right - only decided to come last minute and the trains are a fortune, puts this country to shame.

I wouldn't blame the train companies, the whole system is f*cked now - very interesting article in the Evening Standard this evening.

Fares are only going to rise.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Thanks guys and Beachy. No wonder people drive. Sod the planet.

1066gull

or possibly whether you can afford it

40 quid is the cheapest you can get for that distance to leeds
but he probably doesn't have a railcard

im pretty sure the A21 Supporters Coach won't be full, never used it, but it maybe worth a try and will cost a lot less than the train (about 25quid im guessing)

untitled

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
40 quid is the cheapest you can get for that distance to leeds
but he probably doesn't have a railcard

im pretty sure the A21 Supporters Coach won't be full, never used it, but it maybe worth a try and will cost a lot less than the train (about 25quid im guessing)

untitled

I know I GO ON TRAINS ALL THE TIME

Would have to be a young persons railcard and the £67 have sold out by the look of it

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thanks guys and Beachy. No wonder people drive. Sod the planet.

Exactly, absolutely stupid. Good article in the paper tonight was a call for two private companies, one for the track, one for the trains, simplier fairs, economies of scale etc..

Don't know what you rail guys think.

Basically saying no-one in government knows how to run a railway, and they aren't enough people in all the companies who know how to run a railway.

The "First Dine and Go" for £316 quid looks reasonable, although for that price I'd probably have a meal at Gordon Ramseys and FLY (would still be cheaper)

Nice to see that the train companies are encouraging us to travel off peak with those CHEAP prices. I've been thinking whether I can get hold of exactly how many tickets are sold at the cheap advertised prices under the Freedom of Information Act.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Don't know what you rail guys think.

Basically saying no-one in government knows how to run a railway, and they aren't enough people in all the companies who know how to run a railway.

That about sums it up really. Pissups and brewery's spring to mind.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There are often offers of lifts in the 'away travel' sectioin of this board.

I've used them before, lastly with Clipped Gull, andfound this a very pleasent, and reasonably cheap, way to travel in comfort and good company..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here