Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds again

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Just been reading yorkshire post and 606 and it seems lots of different views coming out

1)Leeds will get their 15 points back

2Leeds have broken more rules by taking the football league to court

3)Leeds have broken another rule by making public they were taking the fl to court before they should off

And the last point that Nicky Forster has said today there are rumours that 3,4,5,6and 7th will be involved in the play offs this year so the football league avoid action from the likes of us..

Its all very sad that it has not been resolved by now

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just been reading yorkshire post and 606 and it seems lots of different views coming out

1)Leeds will get their 15 points back

2Leeds have broken more rules by taking the football league to court

3)Leeds have broken another rule by making public they were taking the fl to court before they should off

And the last point that Nicky Forster has said today there are rumours that 3,4,5,6and 7th will be involved in the play offs this year so the football league avoid action from the likes of us..

Its all very sad that it has not been resolved by now

They should have stuck to the original date of 12th May for announcing the result of the court case!!! :laugh:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barring a really unlikely sequence of results we are out of the equation anyway so might feel pissed off that Leeds have now polluted League 1 with their rule bending and cheating, having managed to do the same to the Premiership and the Championship, but whatever happens isn't going to affect us. However except for Southend and Forest the Leeds decision could have a massive impact on the other 3 teams in the promotion pictures season, which is just wrong considering they've just gone about their business in a totally professional way.

I actually hope we lose Leeds from this division one way or the other, their persecution complex whilst taking the piss is getting pretty boring and we'll all be well rid of their disruptive capacity.

Be really good to see just ONE Leeds fan hold up his hand and say "Yeah I'm embarrased about the way my club has gone about it's business for the last 4 years" rather than making excuse after excuse and playing the hard done by ones. Maybe there is a Leeds fan like that somewhere but it's certainly not any of the ones who come on here.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Barring a really unlikely sequence of results we are out of the equation anyway so might feel pissed off that Leeds have now polluted League 1 with their rule bending and cheating, having managed to do the same to the Premiership and the Championship, but whatever happens isn't going to affect us. However except for Southend and Forest the Leeds decision could have a massive impact on the other 3 teams in the promotion pictures season, which is just wrong considering they've just gone about their business in a totally professional way.

I actually hope we lose Leeds from this division one way or the other, their persecution complex whilst taking the piss is getting pretty boring and we'll all be well rid of their disruptive capacity.

Be really good to see just ONE Leeds fan hold up his hand and say "Yeah I'm embarrased about the way my club has gone about it's business for the last 4 years" rather than making excuse after excuse and playing the hard done by ones. Maybe there is a Leeds fan like that somewhere but it's certainly not any of the ones who come on here.

Yeah have to agree, if they are going to get any points back then let them have the 15 and get them out of our division.

7TH in the play offs? hmm how would that work?
In the time available, it would have to be like this:-

Swansea and Leeds get automatic promotion.

Carlisle get a bye into the play-off final.

Playoff tournament:-
4th v 7th (one game only)
5th v 6th (one game only)

Semifinal:-
Winner of 4th v 7th plays winner of 5th v 6th (one game only)

Final:-
Carlisle v winner of Semifinal

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
based on previous play offs...it's interesting to see how many teams ending in the final play of place win promotion...

I think in the championship at least, that team often wins promotion...Wouldn't it be funny if we did just that!!!

No that is completely wrong and makes a mockery of the entire season.

Swansea and carlisle should go up. by rights for finishing first and second.

Leeds should play the club finishing 7th for the right to get into the play-offs as a sort of "preliminary round".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'm sure Forest and Southend will be delighted at the prospect of having to beat THREE teams in order to gain promotion.

Regency Gull

Jul 14, 2003
Shoreham by Sea
Surely if they have to give Leeds their 15 points back - which will clearly be enough to get them promoted automatically - the only way to keep every other club onside is to keep the table the same. So Swansea and one other go up and the next 4 go into the play-offs. Leeds come out of the equation and so the play off places go down to 7th.

Next season their is one extra team in teh Chmpionship and they relegate 4 to even up the leagues again

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
As I have said on the other thread throw Leeds out of the league ....problem solved

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely if they have to give Leeds their 15 points back - which will clearly be enough to get them promoted automatically - the only way to keep every other club onside is to keep the table the same. So Swansea and one other go up and the next 4 go into the play-offs. Leeds come out of the equation and so the play off places go down to 7th.

Next season their is one extra team in teh Chmpionship and they relegate 4 to even up the leagues again

Just chucking them out of the League, which is what should have happened anyway is the way forward imo. That way the only people who will be inconvenienced is Leeds themselves, which is EXACTLY as it should be isn't it? Sick to death of them

Edit : I appear to have duplicated Glasfryn's post but hey ho

Last edited:

As I have said on the other thread throw Leeds out of the league ....problem solved

I feel the same. They have taken the piss big time: last season with their scummy administration shenanigans and this season with their acceptance of a points deduction in return for the golden share which allowed them to operate in League 1.

Give them their points back, revoke the golden share then kick them out of the league down to the level that Aldershot started from and we won't have to put up with their crap any longer.

Would also make other Ken Bates types think twice about the way they operate.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I feel the same. They have taken the piss big time: last season with their scummy administration shenanigans and this season with their acceptance of a points deduction in return for the golden share which allowed them to operate in League 1.

Give them their points back, revoke the golden share then kick them out of the league down to the level that Aldershot started from and we won't have to put up with their crap any longer.

Would also make other Ken Bates types think twice about the way they operate.

Thats the fairest way, they accepted the points deduction to start the season when the alternative was being booted out of the league.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

That would mean having to promote 5 teams from league 2 and 3 from blue square etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here