Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds again

That would mean having to promote 5 teams from league 2 and 3 from blue square etc

Or relegate 1 less.

No matter what happens-Leeds have blighted football and should be made to pay for that.

The harder the better.

I'll re-phrase that because as we know, Leeds don't pay anybody.

They should be punished for blighting football.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Surely if the arbitration panel make the decision that the 15 point deduction was in fact illegal and give them their points back. The football league then have to use the rules they do have in place?
Now I hope someone can put me right here, but would this not mean that the clause" only in special circumstances" would a team be allowed into the league without a CAV, be defunct?
Would not this then mean, that Leeds United would now have to be expelled and start again as a new club at the bottom of the pyramid?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Surely if the arbitration panel make the decision that the 15 point deduction was in fact illegal and give them their points back. The football league then have to use the rules they do have in place?
Now I hope someone can put me right here, but would this not mean that the clause" only in special circumstances" would a team be allowed into the league without a CAV, be defunct?
Would not this then mean, that Leeds United would now have to be expelled and start again as a new club at the bottom of the pyramid?

Gets my vote.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
I feel the same. They have taken the piss big time: last season with their scummy administration shenanigans and this season with their acceptance of a points deduction in return for the golden share which allowed them to operate in League 1.

Give them their points back, revoke the golden share then kick them out of the league down to the level that Aldershot started from and we won't have to put up with their crap any longer.

Would also make other Ken Bates types think twice about the way they operate.

:thumbsup:

A moment of joy for Leeds as the points are returned and then :clap2: for the rest of us as they are thrown out of the league

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I believe a precedent was set with their previous incarnation, Leeds City, being expelled from the league for financial impropriety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here