Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Nelsons well good show

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think Miranda is one of the best British comedies of the last decade. And like you I think The Office is overrated, unfunny garbage. The American version is miles better - and that's still crap.

It's all subjective, if something makes you laugh then it's 'funny', if it doesn't then it isn't. Takes all sorts.

Love The Office and like Miranda too, although if I didn't have a tweenage daughter who loves it (as do most of her friends) I probably wouldn't have bothered with it - solid British farce comedy.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
'How not to live your life' is atrocious. I assume/hope it has been binned.

I actually ended up quite liking this, I don't really know why. I think it was funny in the way that Gavin and Stacey was funny - in that it was not really funny at all, just quite nice to watch.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I actually ended up quite liking this, I don't really know why. I think it was funny in the way that Gavin and Stacey was funny - in that it was not really funny at all, just quite nice to watch.
Agree. Although G&S did offer some genuine laugh out loud moments (mainly involving Uncle Bryn), and was quite well written. How Not To Live Your Life was never going to win any awards, nor was it groundbreakingly hilarious - but it's just a nice, easy comedy to watch. Plus Dan Clark made a habit of casting decent looking females throughout which helps. Those are two of BBC's more successful sitcoms over the last few years, which isn't saying much admittedly. Lee Nelson's Well Good Show is just god awful.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Agree. Although G&S did offer some genuine laugh out loud moments (mainly involving Uncle Bryn), and was quite well written. How Not To Live Your Life was never going to win any awards, nor was it groundbreakingly hilarious - but it's just a nice, easy comedy to watch. Plus Dan Clark made a habit of casting decent looking females throughout which helps. Those are two of BBC's more successful sitcoms over the last few years, which isn't saying much admittedly. Lee Nelson's Well Good Show is just god awful.

I agree to a certain extent although there were quite a few 'laugh out loud' moments on HNTLYL. Dan Clark's stand-up is excellent as well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They should call it that, Lee Nelson's God Awful Show. At least it would show some bravery.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Dinnerladies was utter class. Victoria Wood is an unsung genius when it comes to deadpan performances and writing.

As much as I dislike Lee Nelson, Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys, Not Going Out, Life of Riley and pretty much nearly all of the rest of recent sitcoms, Victoria Wood (and Dinnerladies especially) were proper old school terrible.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
All rather interesting as I can comfortably say that I hate Chavs and "Chav culture" (for want of a better word) more than everyone else on this site put together, so when I saw Lee Nelson advertised I naturally decided to give it a wide berth. But then I accidentally started watching it as it was on after Family Guy one night and actually found it pretty funny.

What you have to remember is that Lee Nelson is just a character and that his main trick is how he interacts with the audience and his quick quips & one liners are quite good. I reckon he would be a decent stand-up artist and would genuinely like to see him live just as Simon Brodkin. I have to admit the footballer character is a bit lame and the doctor one is worse, it is clear that he will not be the next Steve Coogan but I think he should develop more as a stand-up act.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I thought he was good when he was on Soccer AM but his own show is shit..

That was funny and I reckon he will not ever be allowed back on the show again :lolol:

Anyway, Lee Nelsons 'well good' show is terrible, I would say that omelette is the only good thing about that show..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's some decent stuff on BBC 3, what a pity they lower it's credibility with dross like this. Whoever commissioned this deserved redundancy.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

That's a good summary for me too. Had a few laughs in it. The rest was inoffensive, and ok to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here