Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Nelsons well good show

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
It is bloody awful (as is might boosh) what makes it worse is that his 'Well Good Stand Up Tour' is pretty much sold out across the country, so obviously some inane knuts actually think it to be witty

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
It is bloody awful (as is might boosh) what makes it worse is that his 'Well Good Stand Up Tour' is pretty much sold out across the country, so obviously some inane knuts actually think it to be witty

Sold out the chavvy 16year old's in Burberry caps

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Sold out the chavvy 16year old's in Burberry caps

Hi TB, looks like we might not be on the same side this time. It is literally the only show on TV I won't miss. His stand up tour was brilliant, and my Mrs loves him too. And to be honest, most of the audience when I went were 30 +. (Not IQ before you say it)!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hate that slow-talking hairless bloke off of Mock the Week. I hope BBC2's order to get rid of some panel shows means that and any semblance of Never Mind The Buzzcocks and their scripted self-aggrandisement will be destroyed for good.
Nelson is indeed horrendously unfunny too.

I just watched Steps perform on This Morning. That was quite funny.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I absolutely love it. Saw him live at the Komedia last year and he was brilliant. Roll on series 3.........

You should be banned for that kind of comment. :)
As said before, the life of Riley was appalling. I always try these new comedy's, then give it another go if I don't like it just to give it a chance. Then get angry with myself for wasting valuable time on cack.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
You should be banned for that kind of comment. :)
As said before, the life of Riley was appalling. I always try these new comedy's, then give it another go if I don't like it just to give it a chance. Then get angry with myself for wasting valuable time on cack.

LOL! PM me and I'll lend you the series 1 dvd with 80 minutes unseen footage!!! (Talk about vfm)!
I watch a lot of comedy and to be honest the only comedian I don't like is Sean Lock.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Hi TB, looks like we might not be on the same side this time. It is literally the only show on TV I won't miss. His stand up tour was brilliant, and my Mrs loves him too. And to be honest, most of the audience when I went were 30 +. (Not IQ before you say it)!

Each to their own i Suppose. I just find it too childish. The fat bloke who sits on the sofa eating all show..... What's that all about? Mind you would happily watch it on tv rather than "The Mighty Boosh". Still..... I wouldn't go to see him even if I was given the tickets for free. Comedy has changed so much, gone are the days of chubby brown, Ronnie Barker etc. Proper comedians

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, really. Although I will qualify the comment.

The Mighty Boosh lurches from genius to utter bobbins, and one series in particular was utter crap except for one AMAZING episode. The Zooniverse episodes were mostly proper funny, as were the third series - set in the Nabootique. However the middle series set in the flat was absolute CRAP, with the honourable exception of one episide which is probably the funniest I've ever seen - "The Nightmare of Milky Joe" when they get stuck on a desert island. Absolute class.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
LOL! PM me and I'll lend you the series 1 dvd with 80 minutes unseen footage!!! (Talk about vfm)!
I watch a lot of comedy and to be honest the only comedian I don't like is Sean Lock.

That's very kind of you Darters but I'd rather be locked in a room with a d.v.d on an endless loop of the 3-1 palace defeat.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Each to their own i Suppose. I just find it too childish. The fat bloke who sits on the sofa eating all show..... What's that all about? Mind you would happily watch it on tv rather than "The Mighty Boosh". Still..... I wouldn't go to see him even if I was given the tickets for free. Comedy has changed so much, gone are the days of chubby brown, Ronnie Barker etc. Proper comedians

You mean "Omelette - The Fat Legend"! Not sure to be honest, but even his laugh makes me die!

Never seen The Mighty Boosh, looks very odd, although when I've seen Noel Fielding on panel shows he's been quite funny.

Loved Chubbs, saw him twice in Blackpool, Jim Davidson class too.........Frank Skinner's stand up is very good too.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Yes, really. Although I will qualify the comment.

The Mighty Boosh lurches from genius to utter bobbins, and one series in particular was utter crap except for one AMAZING episode. The Zooniverse episodes were mostly proper funny, as were the third series - set in the Nabootique. However the middle series set in the flat was absolute CRAP, with the honourable exception of one episide which is probably the funniest I've ever seen - "The Nightmare of Milky Joe" when they get stuck on a desert island. Absolute class.

Might have to check this out.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Lee Nelson is excellent.. Comedy is so subjective though. For instance the other day I heard somebody say that "The Office" was a good show. I can't believe there is anybody who would find that funny but some seem to.

Each to their own.

For what it's worth both "The Mighty Boosh" & "Miranda" are gash IMO.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I never really got those mighty boosh and that league of gentlemen or whatever it was called.

I actually grew into Miranda as I thought it did improve with age.

Bring back dinner ladies!!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lee Nelson is excellent.. Comedy is so subjective though. For instance the other day I heard somebody say that "The Office" was a good show. I can't believe there is anybody who would find that funny but some seem to.

Each to their own.

For what it's worth both "The Mighty Boosh" & "Miranda" are gash IMO.
I totally agree. Not with your comedic taste as such, but with the view that everybody's tastes are different. Not being a 16 year old chav I too find Lee Nelson unfunny, but I think Miranda is one of the best British comedies of the last decade. And like you I think The Office is overrated, unfunny garbage. The American version is miles better - and that's still crap.

It's all subjective, if something makes you laugh then it's 'funny', if it doesn't then it isn't. Takes all sorts.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Bizarrely never seen The Nightmare of Milky Joe episode, but seen pretty much every other. Series one for me was a bit crap in places but Nabootique was genius, and was where Howard Moon came into his own. The genius of Sammy the Crab has yet to be realised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here