Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Mason - Absolute disgrace

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Lee Mason - the worst referee ever ?

Just finished watching the Joke v Spurs game, and probably seen two of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

No way am I Spurs fan, find what's going on there pretty funny to be honest, but no-way should Dawson of get a red card for that challenge in the last few minutes, and Bale's tackle in the first-half which gave them a penalty wasn't even a yellow card.

No doubt Lee Mason will be officiating a Football League game on Saturday, just hope it's not ours as he's an absolute disgrace to refereeing. And they say they want more respect from players, well with performances like that then they're never going to get it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Lee Mason - the worst referee ever ?

Just finished watching the Joke v Spurs game, and probably seen two of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

No way am I Spurs fan, find what's going on there pretty funny to be honest, but no-way should Dawson of get a red card for that challenge in the last few minutes, and Bale's tackle in the first-half which gave them a penalty wasn't even a yellow card.

No doubt Lee Mason will be officiating a Football League game on Saturday, just hope it's not ours as he's an absolute disgrace to refereeing. And they say they want more respect from players, well with performances like that then they're never going to get it.

He got both decisions right.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Ruined what was going to be a good game for me, absolute tosser

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
He got both decisions right.

Spot on.

1st one; contact was made nowhere near the ball. Being last man in the area if there's a foul has to be a red.

2nd one; tackle was far too high, yes he skimmed the top of the ball but that was potentially leg breaking.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Common sense should have been used for the first penalty, Bale (not sure if he was the last men, can't remember now) but I'm sure there was at least one Spurs player in the box (think it was Corluka) who would have come across and dealt with the situation.

Second red-card, the tackle wasn't even that high, you see tackles like that all the time, a yellow card at best. No wonder Dawson went mental.

In a different game today, I saw a ridiculous red card given to Matt Killgallon of Sheff United because he caught someone in the back, football is supposed to be a mans game, not a game for ponces.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Common sense should have been used for the first penalty, Bale (not sure if he was the last men, can't remember now) but I'm sure there was at least one Spurs player in the box (think it was Corluka) who would have come across and dealt with the situation.

He was the last man!

Second red-card, the tackle wasn't even that high, you see tackles like that all the time, a yellow card at best. No wonder Dawson went mental.

He could easily have broken his leg

What's your problem? :shrug:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
agreed with the people who think he got both decisions right. Bale was last man, Dawson's was over the top and could have broken his leg don't care if he got the ball first. Quality game though

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Agree 100% here too.

The only mistake made was by the assistant - Spurs' goal should never have stood as it was offside.

CIn a different game today, I saw a ridiculous red card given to Matt Killgallon of Sheff United because he caught someone in the back, football is supposed to be a mans game, not a game for ponces.

What a complete pile of garbage. The issue is not whether the player is hard enough to take the tackle and get on with the game (presumably your point), but rather whether the tackle had the potential to cause damage. In your "man's world", punching somebody in the face down the pub is OK if the recipient should be capable of putting up with it.

And, besides, football isn't a "man's game", whatever you mean by that. (I assume you mean a "hard man's" game, in which case you are not just wrong, you are also a moron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here